INTERVIEW: MICHELLE MCLOUGHNEY

January 2, 2016

QUICKFIRE ROUND


-Describe yourself in three words.

Chubby, Happy, Kind. 


-What's the last book you read?

Some of the work in progress of ‘Motherfu*ker’ by Mandy Dowson. Whoa! Dirty and hot! You can guess some of the content….

-What's the most influential book you've ever read?

The Magic Cottage by James Herbert. It changed my view of writing, up until then I had been reading Enid Blyton. When I read The Magic Cottage, it’s dark content blew me away.

-What's your OTP? 

Sheldon and Amy, Sh’amy (The big bang Theory)


INTERVIEW


-What inspired you to start writing?

Feeling unhappy and frustrated as a child. Writing helped get rid of emotional baggage.

-What's your favorite genre to write and/or read?

Ohhh I love thrillers with a little edge of paranormal, my favourite series ever is the author John Connolly’s Charlie Parker series. I re-read it all the time, the writing is just so sharp, witty and heartbreakingly good. To write, it has to be romantic anything with a side of comedy.

-Do you plan or go with the flow when it comes to writing?

I completely go with the flow, to my own detriment. I really should plan more. I am a hopeless slob in all aspects of my life. Writing is no different. I write in scenes. I write a scene and then gel it to another and write the fluff around it all.

-Tease us! What are you currently working on? What can readers expect from your next book and/or future works?

I’m working on Trig (The Gods of Wrath Book 2) at the moment, it will be out in April 2016. It’s the second book in a romantic suspense series set in Boston. It’s about a group of retired Navy SEALs and the women who tame them.
 I’m also working on an M/M, F/F and M/F/M series about a Dublin tattoo shop run by a handful of gay and lesbian friends. I’m writing it for a publishing company, it’s a six book series. I’d love to tell you more but…shushhh…I’ve already said too much!! The first book will be out in autumn 2016. I’m also hoping to get a novel called El Diablo finished in 2016. I’ve been working on it for ages, it is my personal Mount Everest. I will complete it…I will complete it……


AUTHOR'S SPOTLIGHT


-We love stalking authors! Where can readers find you? 

Readers can find me on all these platforms but in reality I’m a facebook whore. Friend me, because I do most of my comps and chatting on my personal page.

Current new release: Odin (The Gods Of Wrath Book 1)
Amazon.co.uk: goo.gl/XPgc6L

My signings for 2016 are:
Rock and Read Las Vegas-January 15-17th 2016
Dedicated 2 books signing in Liverpool –March 19th & 20th
Essex Author Signing –June 2016
Claddagh Signing Dublin- October 8th Croke Park, Dublin

Michelle Mcloughney is a 40 year old Montessori teacher from the south west of Ireland and author of the Amazon Bestselling Saga The O'Malleys.
As much as she loves her job working with kiddies, Michelle loves to write even more. When not working or being a wife and mum, Michelle can usually be found daydreaming and plotting scenarios about heroes and villains, lovers and losers. Her stories are tales of love and sometimes heartbreak, with a bit of humour and plenty of sauce thrown into the mix. Got to have the sauce, right!
The heroines of Michelle's stories are strong and quirky girls, because these are all the qualities of Michelle's real life friends. She writes compassionate, caring, but self-assured and cheeky male characters, because Irish men are hard to handle at the best of times! Michelle values all comments and suggestions and is eternally grateful for the support and love from the reading, reviewing and blogging communities that she have received thus far. You guys do a hell of a job!
As well as writing, Michelle also love reading, eating ice-cream and having a drink and a chat with friends. None of the above help her to achieve the so called perfect figure, but it sure makes life more enjoyable! Michelle is a small town girl and loves the simple things in life. She likes nothing more than going to her local pub, sitting near the fire or joining in on a sing song and drinking a hot whiskey, on a cold winter’s night. If you have never been to Ireland, this is a mandatory activity!

Post a Comment