REVIEW : Take Your Time (Fate and Circumstance #2) by Leddy Harper

January 29, 2016

28210464
How do you repair a broken heart? 
Sarah Campbell had always been the type of person who laughed the loudest, smiled the brightest, and the constant rock when anyone needed her. She had a good life full of friends and family, until everything came crashing down around her. Dealing with tragedy, Saturday nights became her only escape from the darkness and pain she felt inside. Not wanting anything more than to just give herself to someone—anyone—and let them take away the hurt. Until one Saturday night when Bentley Cole sat next to her at the bar. 
Bentley knew a thing or two about broken hearts. One look into Sarah’s dull and desperate eyes, and he knew he would do anything he could to take her pain away. Changing his plans and throwing caution to the wind, Bentley made it his mission to help Sarah learn to live again, even if it meant losing himself in the process. 
Fate put them together. 
The rest would be up to their broken hearts.

4.0 FATE and CIRCUMSTANCE STARS!!!

What will you do when Christmas no longer became your favorite day of the year? Worst is.. How do you repair a broken heart?

Take Your Time really made me feel so much emotions. When I started reading this, I do not know what awaits and boy did I ever know I should have prepared myself. The blurb almost sums it all. Sarah Campbell a woman who once had a full life surrounded with family and friends turned out to be the opposite of what she used to be after that tragedy that changed her life...but not for the better. Dealing with the "tragedy" she met Bentley. A man who knows about broken hearts that tried to help Sarah to live again even if it meant losing himself in the process. 

Sarah and Bentley - Two broken hearts brought together by fate. 

"You believe in fate?"
"What abut circumstance?Do you believe in that?"

"What's the difference?"
....He reached up and moved a strand of hair off my face, pushing it behind my ear and letting his fingers linger a few seconds, his touch scorching my skin."Let us just say fate put us together. It's happily ever after together. Circumstance is what either gets us there or holds us back"

Oh!Damn! This book is so heart wrenching but I so love it! Right from the start I was hooked and could not put the book down. I admit, after reading the Prologue that made my heart broken, I was kinda hesitant to read further thinking I'll be just reading something familiar and thought "Oh I know where this would lead". That moment too I was kinda bored and feel like I was struggling maybe because of the pacing and  I could not really feel the connection between the leads but then along the way as it progresses I was surprised with the turn of the events. I haven't expected it and then finally realized that the "the part where I got bored and and felt like no connection" is just a turning point of something that made my heart leaped but not with excitement but with an emotion I could not explain. 
Really, this two, with broken hearts just got me. I feel their pain...their longing...their hopes and fears...and reading their story is just so hard because I feel every emotion. I was actually so anxious as I go on with my reading looking forward to what may happen or not may happen next. And that twist!!! ahhh.. what the hell??? I didn't see it coming.  I was just so damn glad that finally those two broken...wounded souls...was healed and on their steps of forever!

"Living without you is like living without the sun. Without the moon. You're the light in my days, the calm in my nights.. you're the stars in my sky Sarah. I can't live without you."

Finally! Sarah flew with the wings of the Robin. Bentley is right after all..
TAKE  YOUR TIME...LET GO AND FALL..that she did!

To Ms. Leddy Harper, great job! Looking forward to Luke's story!

Post a Comment