F*ck Love by Tarryn Fisher REVIEW

January 12, 2016

25828204
Helena Conway has fallen in love.
Unwillingly. Unwittingly.
But not unprovoked.
Kit Isley is everything she’s not—unstructured, untethered,
and not even a little bit careful.
It could all be so beautiful … if he wasn’t dating her best friend.
Helena must defy her heart, do the right thing, and think of others.
Until she doesn’t.

★★★★4 Stars★★★★



"Life is but a carousel of four seasons. Unpredictable for the most part. Happy. Unhappy. Content. Searching. Mess up the order,and they still rebound at one point or another."

Have you ever read a book that made you look at yourself at your surroundings differently? You have a new perspective on love and friendship and life.This was the one for me. This was the one that made me THINK,made me realize that the saying is really true."Life is a journey" and it's up to us to make the most of it.
Helena Conway has the perfect life. Loving boyfriend,a best friend who she would do anything for and a future career as an accountant. Life is good right? That is until she has a dream that felt so real,she questions everything about her once "Perfect life". In her "dream" she's older and married to a loving man,has two kids and a beautiful home. The problem is that the loving man is her best friend's boyfriend.

"Do you know that feeling you have right now? The bewilderment,the fear, the fascination?
That's what I feel everyday. Because I've never loved someone like I love you". 

Feeling a shift in herself, Helena tries to emulate some of her characteristics from her future self. How do you go in life and pretend that something you truly want is the one thing you know you can't have. That by far would be her greatest challenge and ultimate downfall.

"I don't want to be someone's 'girl who got away'. I want to be someone's 'girl who'd I'd never let get away". 

I don't want to go into this story too much but what I will say is that I enjoyed it immensely. These characters were so beautifully flawed and all of their lives were at a crossroad. I did NOT agree with certain situations especially towards the end. I found that part of the story was unnecessary. I also wanted the epilogue to be a little bit longer but that's just me being greedy.
I loved Helena. She was funny,quirky, loving, and to me a very loyal friend. As humans we strive to find that one great love,that friendship that lasted for over 50 years and the joy of knowing that yes:"life is a journey" but you made it and you have the battle scars to prove every stop you made along the way and you wouldn't change a damn thing.

"The best kind of love is the love that isn't supposed to happen."


Website

Twitter

Influences
Scarlett O' Hara & Lisbeth Salander



I would like to write a novel that every, single person loves, but not even J.K. Rowling could do that. Instead, I try to write stories that pull on people's emotions. I believe that sadness is the most powerful emotion, and swirled with regret the two become a dominating force. I love villains. Three of my favorites are Mother Gothel, Gaston and the Evil Queen who all suffered from a pretty wicked case of vanity (like me). I like to make these personality types the center of my stories.
I love rain, Coke, Starbucks and sarcasm. I hate bad adjectives and the word "smolder". If you read my book-I love you. If you hate my book-I still love you, but please don't be mean to me; I'm half badass, half cry baby.
222536431824672713312527


Post a Comment