REVIEW: THE FIREFLY EFFECT by Allie Gail

December 16, 2015

28106074
It was supposed to be nothing more than a fantasy.
All right, so I’ll admit that maybe steamy, impulsive sex isn’t the ideal way to cope with a total stranger wandering into your beach house unannounced. But discovering that my anonymous lover is none other than Shane-the-Pain Becker, the dirtbag spawned only to torment me throughout adolescence...well, somebody kill me now.
To add insult to injury, there’s a major hurricane bearing down on us and we’re stuck together for the duration. I don’t know which force of nature scares me the most – Hurricane Elliott or Shane.
***
Never in my wildest dreams would I have envisioned a scenario where Melanie Lane would be wrapping her sweet legs around me. Scratch that – there were, in fact, an abundance of wild dreams where Felony Melanie was concerned. I just never thought I had a chance in hell of making them reality. I mean, the girl thinks I’m sewer scum and always has.
Even now. She still believes I’m not good enough for her. I’m assuming that’s why she seems bound and determined to shut me out.
She keeps insisting this is just sex.
But as long as the hurricane keeps her trapped in my arms, I will make it my mission to convince her otherwise.

4 FIREFLY STARS!!!

This book is an easy and light read which I enjoyed actually. Not my typical read but definitely I devoured because I enjoyed every turning page. At first, I was kinda hesitant to continue reading because I was confused but later on realized this is the author's way of introducing the story to the readers which is definitely a plus.
Anyway, the story is about Melanie Lane who is an author that rented a beach house from an ex-co-worker/friend to finish her next book and Shane Becker, her friend's step brother whom she thought she haven't met and only known for the nickname "Butthead". Only to realize that the stepbrother is her erstwhile mortal enemy  who she haven't seen for quite a while and never thought would see again. Both were stuck in the beach house due to hurricane Elliot....
....from there starts the blossoming of unexpected feeling...is it just sex???or will Shane could finally convince her otherwise?

"And as far as I'm concerned, the wind can go on shaking the trees. The rain can go on falling. Because when the storm moves on, so does he. I turn my head to gaze at him, this memory from childhood who swept back into my life with more force than the hurricane raging outside."

This is my first Allie Gail book and  I love how she writes this story. From glimpses of the past...secret revelations...the feelings and emotions portrayed by the characters...It's so cute and so easy and at times funny, a way to enlighten someones mood from a tiresome workload. She even uses terms I know every readers will not forget and it's so unique in a way. The title of the story too just seems fit the way she described it in her book.
Great job Ms. Allie Gail. I'm looking forward to more of  other works. And I'm here hoping you'll write a story of Leah. I wanted to follow her story... she seems so funny and witty.
I was born in a charming but microscopic town in Alabama with a book in each hand. Well, maybe not literally, but you get the idea. I don't think there's an author out there who didn't start out as an avid reader, and I'm no exception.
It was only fairly recently that I decided to resurrect an old high school interest and once again began writing. There's something cathartic about breathing life into the quirky characters struggling to escape my imagination.
These days I reside in the beautiful panhandle of Florida with my own blue-eyed Prince Charming and three fat, pampered cats who are just tolerant enough to permit us to share the same house with them. As long as they're fed on time, that is.
214858311765308717699336

Post a Comment