INTERVIEW: APRYL BAKER

December 26, 2015

QUICKFIRE ROUND


-Describe yourself in three words.

Sassy, feisty, funny


-What's the last book you read?

Perfectly Imperfect by Harper Sloan


-What's the most influential book you've ever read?

Pride and Prejudice


-What's your OTP?

Abby and Travis from Beautiful Disaster




INTERVIEW


-What inspired you to start writing?

Honestly, I can’t remember a day when I didn’t write something. I was always entertaining my friends with silly stories growing up. I wasn’t inspired so much as I always felt the need to write. It’s something I was born to do and I love it.


-What's your favorite genre to write and/or read?

New Adult, Young Adult, romance, paranormal, horror, suspense, mystery


-Do you plan or go with the flow when it comes to writing?

I never have a plan. I just sit and write and let my characters lead me where they will and boy have they led me into some messes!


AUTHOR'S SPOTLIGHT


-Tease us! What are you currently working on? What can readers expect from your next book and/or future works?

Currently, I’m working on a contemporary romance titled love or lust.  Here is an excerpt:
He pulled the picture of her up that had her sitting with friends. She looked extremely happy. And plump. Round.
Dear God.
Giving up on why he had the insane need to get to know more about her, Liam found her number stored in his phone and dialed. She picked up on the fourth ring.
“Hello?”
She sounded breathy, like she’d just mad a mad dash for the phone.
“Hello, Anabeth.”
“You.”
He laughed at the resigned tone in her voice.
“Yes, me.”
“Don’t you have better things to do than harass me?”
“No, I don’t. I’m all yours tonight.”
“But I don’t want you.”
“But I want you.”
She was silent for a heartbeat.
“Why would I want a man who admits to being lackluster in the bedroom?”
“I never made any such claims. You just assumed.”
“Goodnight, Mr. Alexander.”
“Wait,” he yelled and then shot a glance at his daughter’s door. He hadn’t meant to shout and if he woke Gracie up now, she’d never go back to sleep.
“What?”
“Why did you give up writing science fiction?”
Dead silence.
“Don’t try and deny it.”
“How did you find that out?”
“I hired a PI.”
“You hired someone to SPY ON ME?!”
“Now, now, don’t get your knickers in a snit.”
“You have no right…”
“Of course I do.”
“And what in God’s name makes you believe that?”
“Because, Anabeth, I plan on getting to know you quite well.”
“Really?”
“I’ve decided I’m going to teach you all about lust.”
“Lust?” she snorted and he grinned.
“Yes, lust. I’m going to show you what it means to be so wet you’re dripping, and to feel a passion so wild, it feels like your body is going to explode into a thousand tiny pieces that will dissolve into a puddle of warm, liquid heat, until the orgasms stop and you’re fully sated.”
“I bet that line works on all the girls.”
“Is it working on you?”
“No.”
He heard a mattress squeak and assumed she’d gotten into bed.  Images of her in his bed assaulted him.
Plump, round.
Dear God.
“Are you in bed, Anabeth?”
“Why?”
“I bet you’re wearing your old maid’s nightgown. Sleeveless maybe, but it definitely goes all the way to the floor. Granny panties complete the ensemble with your hair in a ponytail or braid. How long has it been since a man touched you, how long since a man made you wet?”
She choked on what she was trying to spit out and he laughed. Dear God, but he loved getting her riled up and now that he had a clear image of her face, it was all the more fun.
“That is none of your business, Mr. Alexander,” she finally hissed.  “And I am not wearing a full length nightgown!”
“Then what are you wearing?” he asked in his sexiest voice.
“Pajamas.”
“You can do better than that, Anabeth. You are a romance writer.  Make me see what you’re wearing.”
He heard the bedclothes rustle. She must be settling herself in. At least she was still talking and hadn’t hung up on him. Yet.
“Alright, Mr. Alexander, if you must know I have on a black silk teddy that forces my breast upward for the best advantage. They’d fill a man’s hands and my pebble hard nipples cry out for attention. The color is a stark contrast to my milky skin and makes my big blue eyes beg a man to come and ignite the passion in them.”
He swallowed and shifted uncomfortably. He felt himself begin to grow hard and swell with need. Why had he started this? He was never going to be able to sleep. He should stop torturing himself now…nah.
“Go on, love.”
“My hair falls down my back in an ebony curtain and it makes a man imagine what it will look like spread across his pillow. This leads him to think about what I would like while he stared at my face as his hands stroked me, making me cry out again and again as my body tightens. Liquid heat pools and coats his hands as tremor after tremor racks me.”
He leaned forward, almost panting. Dear God her voice was better than any phone sex ad he’d ever seen on the TV. He could picture himself doing exactly that to her, watching her eyes glaze with need and fire, his hands touching her satiny smooth flash, driving her to climax.
“He would then imagine what it would feel like as he removed my black silk teddy and spread my legs to sink into my hot, wet heat….”
He groaned out loud at the sensory image.
“Too bad that man will never be you, Mr. Alexander”
Click.
Shit. The little chit had just hung up on him after working him into a sexual knot of need. He looked down and sure enough, a tent was sticking up through his pj’s.  Sometimes it really doesn’t pay to have a writer’s imagination.
“Daddy?”
His head jerked up and he saw Grace standing in the doorway, rubbing her eyes.
“You’re supposed to be asleep, Gracie Mae.”
“I woke up.”
“I can see that,” he said dryly.
“Will you come tuck me back in? Please?”
He started to stand up, then sat back down. Gracie would ask too many questions.
“Go on back to bed and I’ll be there in just a few minutes.”
“K,” she said around a yawn and went back to bed.
That woman was going to be his undoing. Damn, but he wanted to throttle her.
Or kiss her.
Instead, he went to jump into a cold shower so he could go tuck his little girl back into bed.
One way or another, he’d get her in his bed, though.


-We love stalking authors! Where can readers find you? (Links, social media, future signings) 


Apryl Baker Fan Page:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/AprylBakerStreetTeam/
Authorgraph:  https://www.authorgraph.com/authors/AprylBaker
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorAprylBaker
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AprylBaker
Wattpad: http://www.wattpad.com/user/AprylBaker7
Website: http://www.aprylbaker.com/
Blog: http://mycrazzycorner.blogspot.com/
TSU: http://www.tsu.co/Apryl_Baker
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5173683.Apryl_Baker
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/april-baker/44/6b9/3a4
Signings in 2016
March 5, 2016 – Leeds Author Signing, Leeds, UK
April 30 – May 1, 2016 – Richmond Reader’s Rehab, Richmond, VA
May 14, 2016 – Writers and Readers, Louisville, KY
June 12-14, 2016 –Mystic Author Event, Mystic, CT
July 9, 2016 – SASS-Norfolk, Norfolk, VA
September 24, 2016 – Penned Con, St. Louis, MO
October 15, 2016 – Carolina Bookfest, Charlotte, NC
November 5, 2016 – Rebels and Readers, Huntington, WV


So who am I? Well, I'm the crazy girl with an imagination that never shuts up. I LOVE scary movies. My friends laugh at me when I scare myself watching them and tell me to stop watching them, but who doesn't love to get scared? I grew up in a small town nestled in the southern mountains of West Virginia where I spent days roaming around in the woods, climbing trees, and causing general mayhem. Nights I would stay up reading Nancy Drew by flashlight under the covers until my parents yelled at me to go to sleep.
Growing up in a small town, I learned a lot of values and morals, I also learned parents have spies everywhere and there's always someone to tell your mama on you. So when you get grounded, what is there left to do? Read! My Aunt Jo gave me my first real romance novel. It was a romance titled "Lord Margrave's Deception." I remember it fondly. But I also learned I had a deep and abiding love of mysteries and anything paranormal. As I grew up, I started to write just that and would entertain my friends with stories featuring them as main characters.
Now, I live Huntersville, NC where I entertain my family and watch the cats get teased by the birds and laugh myself silly when they swoop down and then dive back up just out of reach. The cats start yelling something fierce...lol.
I love books, I love writing books, and I love entertaining people with my silly stories.
You can reach me at any of these places:
Twitter:@AprylBaker
The Promise Book Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO2zTi...
PS: DO NOT GET IN MY WAY IF THERE IS A SALE ON AT TARGET - my home away from home!

CLICK TO SEE OUR REVIEW OF TOUCH ME NOT BY APRYL !


Post a Comment