REVIEW: MY BLACK HOLE HEART by A. Giannoccaro

December 1, 2015

Three Crime Families
One Legacy
One Little Girl
Avery Spillane-Leahy the daughter of two killers, the criminal prodigy of the biggest kingpin in modern time. She is flawless, but only on the outside.
Loss, love and lust can crack even the toughest diamonds.
Inside she is a gaping hole, nothing that gets close is safe from her ruthless blade. She cares for no one, so that no one can wound her. She learned from what Rowan and Callum lost and became an empty vessel unable to be harmed by emotion. 
One scorned brother, an old flame and an angel of death dare to come into her world. They will all leave again, some of them in coffins, but they will all go.
The question is what will be left of her?When the Colours fade and the Grey Madness is gone she is left all alone, a Black Hole Heart with nothing left to lose.

5 STARS is not enough for me to rate this book.

I was stunned and utterly shocked right from the beginning. I already have my fair share of dark stories but this one is so different. So dark and twisted  but will make you so much invested because that adrenaline rush was just too much and you can't just stop or pause no matter how disturbing and wicked the scenes were.

"I am a killer. I have been since I was fifteen. My young girl hands curled around the handle of a knife as I filleted a man, his screams are etched into my mind forever. Sticky blood coated my fingers with every slice I made through his flesh. I knew long before that what life had in wait for me, so never I tried to change it. I was born to be a killer. I didn't choose it, it chose me."

The story started with Avery, daughter of an assassin and a murderer and was raised by an "uncle" who is the kingpin of a criminal empire.Flawless outside but flawed inside, with a black hole heart that beats nothing but the blood of others. She considered herself as worse than a monster because unlike monster, she can't feel. She's nothing but an empty space void of anything other than the rules she was raised to obey,

"If you love something, kill it. Feelings have no place in our world, if you feel something you can be damn sure you will pay for it in pain and suffering."

I don't know what to say other than you need to read it yourself. Because even if I will spoil or relay everything I have read, it's not gonna give justice to the book the way it deserves. I have difficulty of expounding what's in the book except that I was in awe with how it was written. It is not just incredible but fantastic as well. The characters were portrayed well. A heroine-villain at that. I haven't even thought if she will someday finally can have her HEA.  It's understated if I say it's dark and twisted. Much more understated when I say I felt a roller coaster of emotion reading the book. 
In the course of the story what was actually tattooed in my mind that I know I will never forget are these lines that will be forever etched within me.

"When you find the person whose demons can dance with your monster, your black hole heart will know it, because there will be no room for anything else. If you can live without them for even a minute, then you haven't found the one."

Kudos to you Ms. A. Giannoccaro!

I live in South Africa with my husband, two daughters, five dogs, two meerkats and a parrot. I love to read and my kindle(s) are my favourite gadget. I am a coffee addict and I hate purple sweets. I love to write next to an open window. 
I am inspired by everything around me and I love to people watch wherever I go.


Post a Comment