REVIEW: BEAUTIFUL STORM by Megan Isaacs

December 14, 2015

26188214
He was my salvation.
Interviewing the notorious owner of ‘Ignition’ should have been simple. When asked to go home with him, I should’ve said ‘no.’ But Noah Hamilton’s tattooed, hard body and rugged features were impossible to resist. I wanted him to touch me. And I longed to be loved again. I craved the escape and was desperate to know him. Much like his lifestyle, our heated affair took off at warp speed, proving to be stronger than either of us anticipated. Trapped between my past and future, there was only one decision to make. So I ran…
She was my downfall.
From the moment Lizzie Ryder stepped into my shop, I wanted her. Had to have her. A reserved journalist with a body of sin and mesmerizing eyes was all it took for me to fall. Hard. The night she let me touch her, taste her, I knew I was done for. I never deserved her, but needed to make her mine. She found the heart I never knew I had, brought it to life, and then crushed it to dust. And just like her storm-filled eyes, I drowned in the flood of her desertion. Reaching my breaking point, I struggled to forget the only woman I ever foolishly fell for and dove headfirst into my dark past, barely surviving her.
And now she’s back.
What happens when our weaknesses become our strengths? Do we reveal and fight…or keep our secrets and run? And can we withstand the devastation left after the Beautiful Storm?

Due to sexual content, possible triggers, and excessive bad language reader discretion is advised. 18+

"Falling in love is a dangerous game.
But for me? I know it's already too late."

I have to admit that I'm a huge angst whore so when I when I saw this story, I just had to jump in and start it immediately. That being said, I had a love/hate relationship with this book.
Elizabeth a.k.a Liz has been in a rocky abusive relationship with her famous boyfriend for a couple of years now and she's reach the point where she just doesn't care about that relationship. While interviewing the famous car shop owner Noah,she feels an instant attraction to him that could only be described as "Sinful".

"You're it for me.I live and breathe for you. I'm completely caught up in your beautiful fucking storm."

Lines were crossed,mistakes were made,and after an eight month affair,they both realized that they have fallen in love with each other. How do you start something new when your past refuses to let you go? You find out the hard way.
I really liked certain parts of this story. Noah was cocky and charming at the right time and he really did love Liz with everything that he had. At the same time, he was also stubborn and too quick to judge which pissed me off. I didn't understand Liz's decision and how she went about certain things and I got irritated with her.
Overall this was an okay read for me and I would read more of this author's work.
Megan lives happily in the UK with her husband and son.
If you asked her about herself she would say she's completely mad. Always the introvert with an extrovert exterior. A complete mash up of improbabilities.
She loves her family, but that goes without saying, and she loves tea. Lots and lots of tea. She used to be pretty good shot with a shotgun, but hasn't shot since she was five months pregnant when she beat her husband for the one and only time. Hanging up her barrels seemed like a good idea after that.
Oh, she also writes.

Post a Comment