Sparrow by L.J. Shen REVIEW

March 6, 2016

27263454
Available in pre-order for only 99 cents for a very limited time - http://goo.gl/VS3zmU 

Troy Brennan
Every southie in Boston knows that name. The son of a dead mobster. The heart throb with steel blue eyes. "The Fixer" who can make or break you in this city. 
Oh, and my new husband. 

Sparrow Raynes
That's me. No one seemed to remember my name up until he barged into my life. 
But then he caged me.
Kidnapped me.
And killed every chance I had to runaway from the place where we grew up.
Put simply, Troy Brennan clipped my wings.
I have dreams, big ones, but I doubt he'd ever let me chase them. I have no idea why he'd decided to take me as his wife. But I do know this: pissing off this man will not do me any good. At all.

Sparrow is a standalone, full-length novel. It contains graphic violence and adult situations some may find offensive.


★★★★4.5 He's a Monster Stars★★★★

 photo 1457111529325_zpsjnjrhxkn.jpg

I truly feel like I've been through the ringer with this book and I came out bloodied,scarred, and royally f*cked up. I really didn't know what to expect with this story and I came very close to passing on this one. Thank god I didn't because these were some of the best lovable,heartless characters that I've had the pleasure of reading about so far. Troy Brennan made me fall in love with a monster and I have no plans on going back to be a good girl anytime soon.

"Failure is inevitable," "and heartache is unstoppable". 

Being the son of a late Irish Mobster,Troy Brennan is known as "The Fixer". Whatever you need done, he's got you. Disposing bodies,making cases disappear is all in a day's work for him. But he has a bigger event that he needs to put in motion. Hell bent on getting revenge on who murdered his father,he sets his plan in motion. That includes marrying the shy twenty-two year old red head Sparrow. Unbeknowest to Sparrow,the motive behind their nuptials will change her life forever. 

"Troy Brennan was Boston's master manipulator,pulling strings like we were all his puppets. He decided who lived and who died, who disappeared and who made a comeback". 

Getting married to one of the most feared man in Boston was not a part of Sparrow's plan. She wants to be her own person and make her own dreams not be some dutiful wife who's only activity is to shop and look pretty. She refuses to bow down to her new husband and give in to whatever he wants. I have to say that I loved her strength throughout this story. The push and pull Troy and Sparrow had made it better. Their banter along with their undeniable sexual chemistry,kept me glued to my tablet and wishing their interaction would never end. This author portrayed their dynamic BEAUTIFULLY and I loved every minute of it.

 photo PicsArt_03-04-12.53.16_zpsfyqncbi4.jpg

"I'm saying if I can't eat it, fuck it or kill it I have no interest in it" 

Now as for Troy, he was a dangerous mess. I HATED some of the things he did and quite frankly I wanted to throttle him in a certain scene. Did he redeem himself?Absofrigginlutely. He was powerful,charming,cocky as hell but just when you least expect it? He was sweet and caring. I enjoyed seeing that side of him and I reveled in his new found journey.

This came very close to be being a 5 star read for me but because of my pickiness,I couldn't do it. Towards the end became a little bit too cheesy for me and I wanted a longer epilogue. Aside form that,I really enjoyed this story and I can't wait to see what this author comes up with next. Hopefully we get another book out this*hint hint*.If Mafia romances are your thing,then I HIGHLY recommend this one. 

L.J. Shen




Born
in San Francisco, The United States 
Website

Genre

Influences
John Fante, Charles Bukowski, William S. Burroughs, Zadie Smith, Jonat ...more

URL



L.J. Shen lived all over the world and finally settled in Northern California, mostly because of the wine. She writes for a living and reads for fun. She is a proud mommy of a son and a former-stray cat, and an Okay-wife to a very patient husband.

Hit her up on Facebook: https://goo.gl/kI15Wx

And Twitter: https://twitter.com/lj_shen

And don't forget to follow her Amazon Author page to get the newest releases:http://goo.gl/KWNdU9

25697968
PRICE DROP: Tyed will be on sale for 99 cents until Monday the 7th. Grab a copy of this bad boy now http://goo.gl/iSCHkJ


Post a Comment