Sonya's weekend recs

February 26, 2016

Happy Friday my book Lovers!!

Today I have some Awesome weekend recs so whether your mood is sad,grumpy,or just down right bitchy,these guys will make you feel so much better. I guarantee it.

Up first is "Sacrifice" by Adriane Locke. I read this almost a year ago and I have to say I was really suprised with this storyline. It was heartbreaking, sweet and so awe inspiring that I found myself on the edge of my seat holding my breath.If you love rooting for the underdog, then this book is for you guys.


Blurb

My life changed forever the night my husband died.
I was left with a shattered heart, a heap of bills, and our daughter, EVERLEIGH. I don’t want to rely on anyone, least of all CREW GENTRY. He’s my first love and the man who almost destroyed me, the man who has let me down every time I’ve needed him.
But when tragedy strikes a second time, Crew just might be my only hope.

My life changed forever the night my brother died.
I was left with a guilty conscience, a pile of mistakes, and little else. I take care of JULIA GENTRY, my brother’s widow and the love of my life, and their daughter. I know she doesn’t want my help, but she gets it anyway. I owe her that.

When another disaster hits, I’m given the opportunity to make things right. I’m taking it. I'm willing to sacrifice it all.
 



My second rec is "The Baller" by Vi Keeland. I really enjoyed this story. It was HILARIOUS which is a big thing for me. I love it when a book can incorparate humor and manages to balance out the storyline.If cocky football players are your thing, then look no further ladies!! Brody Easton is ready.


Blurb

The first time I met Brody Easton was in the men’s locker room.
It was my first interview as a professional sportscaster.
The famed quarterback decided to bare all.
And by all, I don’t mean he told me any of his secrets.
No. The arrogant ass decided to drop his towel, just as I asked the first question. On camera.

The Super Bowl MVP quickly adopted a new hobby—screwing with me.
When I pushed back, he shifted from wanting to screw with me, to wanting to screw me.
But I don’t date players.
And it’s not because I’m one of the few women working in the world of professional football.
I’d date an athlete.
It’s the other kind of player I don’t date.
You know the type. Good looking, strong, cocky, always looking to get laid.

Brody Easton was the ultimate player.
Every woman wanted to be the one to change him.
But the truth was, all he needed was a girl worth changing for.
Turned out, I was that girl.
Simple right?
Let’s face it. It never is.
There’s a story between once upon a time and happily ever after
And this one is ours.
 

Post a Comment