Interviewing A.C. Wilson

February 14, 2016

QUICKFIRE ROUND:

-What's the last book you read?
Belmary House #3 by Cassidy Cayman (ARC)

-Who's your celebrity crush?
Ian Somerhalder

-If you were an alcoholic beverage, which one would you be?
Margarita

-Which couple is your OTP?
Garrett and Rayne from Black Hills Series

INTERVIEW

-What inspired you to start writing?
Can I say the voices in my head? I’ve always loved to read and so it wasn’t a great stretch to start putting my thoughts on paper. 

-What's your favorite genre to write and/or read?
I love to read Historical Romance, but I’m best at writing Contemporary Western Romance. 

-Do you plan or go with the flow when it comes to writing?
A little of both. I’m not very good at outlines and I always have to update due to changes that just happen to show up. My characters are vastly indecisive in their plot lines. I like that, but it can drive others crazy. The more I try to control it, the less I want to write. It’s a love/hate relationship. 

-Tease us! What are you currently working on? What can readers expect from your next book and/or future works? 
I’m currently working on the last Black Hills Novella and the 2nd book in my Broken Country novels, Chasing Taryn. I’m loving my clean YA books!

Chasing Taryn (Levi & Taryn, #2) (Excerpt)

“Stewing about it is not going to make everything right again.” James took a bit and chewed with thoughtfulness. “There’s only one way to fix what’s on your mind, Levi. Tell Taryn how you feel.” 
Levi shook his head, setting down the pie. “She told me she loved me today, but it didn’t mean what I wanted it to mean. She made it clear that she’s in love with Dustin and she wants the adventure that he can offer her.” He pushed out of his chair and paced the few feet beside his chair. He could feel their sympathetic eyes on him and it made the wound burn all the more for it. 
“I need to find a way to get passed whatever I thought we could be together. Pretty soon I won’t be tied to her every move or ache for every smile. I will have to live on my own with my future in mind.” Levi was aware he was half shouting to the darkness and to himself. This was probably the worst pep talk he had ever given, but he knew very well that he had the penchant to pine for Taryn Green long after she left him. 
“That’s it, then. We move you along to someone else.” Alex jumped from his chair and fished out his cell phone. James watched from his seat as if this were a side show at the circus. Levi ran his fingers through his dark hair with nervous tension. 
“What’s it?” Levi hesitated to ask, but he had known Alex for a very long time. Everything about this look spelled trouble with a capital T.
“You need to broaden your horizon, my friend. There is a whole ocean out there and I bet we can find at least one girl that’ll strike your fancy.” Alex wiggled his eye brows. Levi’s eyes widened in horror. 
“You’re referring to girls as fish and I don’t want anyone to strike anything.” Levi looked at his granddad who was laughing so hard he nearly choked on his pie. 
“Oh, come on, Levi! Open your eyes, son. There are other girls out there and no one is saying that you have to kiss the first one you meet.” James shook his head and reached for another piece of pie. It looked like the pan would soon be abandoned to him anyway. 
“No, that’s a brilliant idea!” Alex shouted and hopped up and down. “I am going to bet you two hundred dollars that you won’t kiss one girl tonight.” He fished into his jeans pocket and pulled out two crisp one hundred dollar bills. Levi stood there dumbfounded at the length these two would go to push him passed Taryn. 

AUTHOR'S SPOTLIGHT

A Nebraska native, A.C. Wilson now lives in historic Abilene, Kansas with her husband and two boys. Always an avid reader, A.C. first fell in love with historical romances both Regency and Western. The world was a wide open place where adventures could happen even between the pages of a book. Deciding to give the characters in her head some room to breathe, A.C. started typing and hasn't looked back. 
The Black Hills series books are contemporary western romances set in the iconic beauty of the Black Hills of South Dakota. The Johnson family holds true to their values of love, duty, family, and loyalty. 
The Broken Country novels are clean, young adult contemporary romances set in the Rubidoux area of western Nebraska. Levi and Taryn discover just what it is to value a love that is without strings!

Please feel free to connect with her on social media.
www.facebook.com/acwilson2013
www.facebook.com/blackhillsseries
www.twitter.com/acwilson_author
http://awilsoncornell.wix.com/acwilson
http://www.amazon.com/author/acwilson
Newsletter Signup  http://eepurl.com/WZdxP

Post a Comment