RECOIL PART 3 REVIEW

February 11, 2016

28962081
In this fast-paced conclusion to the Recoil serial trilogy, past and present collide as Julia and Colin desperately work to unravel the connections between the man who attacked Julia and the group that attacked her father. Will their allies put it together before someone else gets hurt? Can their fragile relationship withstand the turmoil? Who will be the next to lose their life? 

4.0 STARS!!!

This fast paced conclusion of Recoil Trilogy is somewhat a bit too rushed for me.Don't get me wrong. I love this story and I like the plot. As I mentioned in my past reviews of this trilogy, I love how the step-siblings plot was delivered and I mean it in a non usual way of stepsibling romance. Despite the rushed parts of this book, I was also rooting for the straightforwardness of the story...not so much drama and that's what made me like it more. Even the romantic scenes was not overly done as well as the sexual acts together with the  twists and turns and other revelations but like I said it's simple but it's direct to the point. There might be an incorporation of Russian mobs that is and there starts what I call somewhat "craziness of the story".
I'll totally be honest here, at the start where all hell break loose and the "calm before the storm", I was on the edge while reading the book. I was bracing myself because the second part of the book made me cringe in pain as I did not expect the scene that was written by the author. In fact, even days after I read the book, I can still vividly imagine it. So,what I did was expect the unexpected but at the same time silently bracing myself as I keep on turning the pages. Thankfully, the scenes were not that morbid but a little bit crazy and  confusing because of the quickness of the series of events.
I'm just glad though that despite it all, they finally found their HEA and now it's for real.
Overall, this story is good  and I really enjoyed reading it. I am looking forward to more of this story especially those of the secondary  characters.


Like you, I’m a reader. When I read a good story with characters I can connect with, my everyday existence fades into the background as I enter a world that may contain exotic locations, adventure and excitement. And, if I can be totally honest with you, in my favorite stories I can fall in love for a while with an impossibly gorgeous guy who is the best lover imaginable.
So, maybe it won’t come as a surprise that in my books you’ll find hot alpha male book-boyfriends, sassy heroines who are much more clever and beautiful than I am, and stories I hope will make you laugh and cry while reading them, as I did while writing them. Oh, and some scenes you may want to role-play with your lover.
When I’m not writing (which is almost never) I enjoy reading, hiking in the foothills near Denver, live blues music, karaoke and now and then indulging in her karaoke habit.

If you'd like to know more about me, my books, or special offers for free reading, please check my website at www.jessajacobs.com.

  

Post a Comment