REVIEW: SET THE PACE BY KIM KARR

February 22, 2016


ONLY $0.99!  
AVAILABLE ON ALL RETAILERS


Every city needs a hero, but Detroit’s white knight just might be a villain. 
 

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1POf6lG
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1Tx6O5w
iBooks: http://apple.co/1OofOSx
Kobo: http://bit.ly/20MAPTq
B&N: http://bit.ly/1mutK75

 


Every city needs a hero, but Detroit’s white knight just might be a villain. 

A rough childhood branded Jasper Storm trouble. A bad boy. Not worth a damn. His love of cars was the only thing that could battle his delinquency. With the need for speed in his blood, he overcame his wayward ways. Mostly. All grown up, the broken city of Detroit hails him their shining star. And the man behind a new cutting-edge automobile is ready to turn this bankrupt town around. 

Everything he does in life is fast. He talks fast, f*cks fast, and drives fast. But when one reckless turn brings him face-to-face with the childhood he has tried very hard to forget, he finds himself on the edge of wondering if he shouldn’t slow down. 

Charlotte Lane was the tomboy who lived next door. She was his best friend. He was her protector. Then tragedy struck and she disappeared, forever—or so he thought. 

Jasper has many reasons to hate Charlotte and keep his distance, but she’s infiltrating his every thought and he can’t stay away. Back in town with an agenda of her own, she should push him aside. Make him turn around. Walk away herself. Yet she can't. 

With the past lurking between them, they proceed with caution. That is until one sex-filled night leads to murder. When Detroit’s biggest ally suddenly becomes suspect number one, will Charlotte—the girl Jasper once kept safe—be the one to save him?


5 +++ 'FORGET ME NOT' STARS!!!
“So you want to be a player, but your wheels aren’t fly. You have to hit us up, to get a pimped-out ride.”
Oh.My.God!!! SET THE PACE PLUS KIM KARR EQUALS PERFECTION!!! Roller coaster ride of emotion...thrilling...jaw dropping...mind boggling...panties wetting...oh I could really name some and more but it pales in comparison to what I just read. Those were an understatement because this book is  SO DAMN MUCH MORE AND I SOOOOO LOVE IT!!!
Oh wow!!! Until this very moment I'm still on a high because this book really exceeds my expectations and so far among her works this is my favorite. I was drawn with the blurb and nothing prepared me for what I experienced reading the book. I thought I knew it all, I thought it was just all and the same. But hell!!! 
I was so damn wrong because it's definitely not what I think it would be.
The storyline is just perfect and was written flawlessly. Every single detail showed it was done meticulously. The characters each of which with different traits but all possesses a unique charisma. Each of which you wanted to have their own story right there and then.
Will Fleming, Jake Crown, Drew Kates, and 
Jasper Storm.
"Four boys who live similar lives. Each with a single mother who can’t cope with life, who can’t seem to figure out how to raise a growing boy, who turn it all off and turn the other way. That is what brings us together, but it is our mutual love of cars that bonds us."
and then there's Charlotte Lane....
"She was a tomboy who liked to play with me. A cute little girl with an upturned nose and rosy cheeks whose fair skin got sunburned way too easily. A little girl who didn’t have a mean bone in her body. And that little girl with eyes like the sky was my best friend."
- fuck—she isn’t a little girl anymore. She’s incredibly beautiful in the most wholesome way."
And I am really in awe. I  was reading this with my heart racing...my adrenaline rush keeps going that I was so wide awake until the wee hours. I keep on guessing what may happen next...I keep on even solving the mystery...keep picking up the pieces wanting to piece it back together. And because in Kim Karr's fashion, I was just thrown to that twists and turns I did not expect that I just  keep on biting my nails because I do not know anymore...I do not have an answer and I just keep on reading because aside from the fun and hot scenes there's no denying the thrill...the excitement..and the  adrenaline rushing scenes this book has that just got me.
And that ending???? What the hell???? I want the next book like NOW because seriously I want answers...I WANT MORE!!!

Post a Comment