REVIEW: LIFE AFTER by Kira Adams

November 18, 2015

25191992
Before her. 
I was empty inside. I was lost. I was settling. I had no idea of the potential I had inside of me.
After her. 
I was whole. I was happy. I was in love. She made me better.
I never imagined I would find someone who completed me, just to lose her. I never imagined the love I felt could be overshadowed by the deepest depression I've ever lived through.
It's been two years since she touched my life. Since she was taken from me. I don't know that I'll ever experience an ounce of the love she made me feel.I hope I'm wrong.
My name is Topher, and this is my story.

4 HAPPILY EVER AFTER STARS!

I'll start my review with the line I borrowed from this book.

"It feels like someone is digging their fingernails into my chest and ripping out my heart out all over again."

That's how I felt after reading Topher and Ciera's story in Learning to Live. Since I'm one of those lucky few to be given a copy of this book, I readily dig Life After. Who wouldn't right?After experiencing a heartbreak for Topher, we all wanted for him to have his HEA no matter how we want it to be Ciera but unfortunately couldn't. So read, I did.
The story is straightforward. Started two years after Ciera's death.Topher in college still a jock but was lost since her first love was taken from him. Then whoop! Entered Destiny, a sassy, fearless and tough Hispanic woman - a total oppposite of Ciera.

“You’re not even my type. I like buff, gangster type of guys. So why do I feel such a strong connection to you? Why can I never stop thinking about you?”she asks.

I run my hand over her hair, resting it on the back of her neck. “You’re not my type either. A bad-mouthed, tough, girl? But the same parts of you that I’ve never been attracted to, are the same parts about you that I like.

But then, opposite do really attracts. No matter how much Topher wanted not to chase Destiny, he still made an effort. Because he knows how much deeply he cared for her.
Just when everything seems in line, came Destiny's past that tested how strong their love for each other is.

“Falling in love is like riding a rollercoaster. There is excitement at every twist and turn, but there are unexpected drops and big hills to climb. No one ever said love wassupposed to be easy.

Overall, I love the story. I love how it is beautifully written, how unique the characters are and where the plot is going. I'm a little bit frustrated though, maybe because I want some more in the drug and Destiny's past storyline and maybe a little bit also of how their love story progresses.
But then it was good. I am contented that finally they found their HEA.

“I loved someone once,and I didn’t go to the ends of the earth for her. I’ve regretted itevery day since she’s been gone. This is the only way I can evermake it up to her, by loving you as I should have loved her.

Kudos to you Ms. Kira Adams. I would forever love to read and review more of your works.


Krista Pakseresht has always been a dreamer, from the first time she opened her eyes. Creating worlds through words is one thing she is truly talented at. She specializes in Young adult/New adult romance, horror, action, fantasy, and non-fiction under the pen name Kira Adams.
She is the author of the Infinite Love series, the Foundation series, the Darkness Falls series, and the Looking Glass series.

Post a Comment