REVIEW: SACRIFICE BY ADRIANA LOCKE

November 13, 2015


25307607

My life changed forever the night my husband died.

I was left with a shattered heart, a heap of bills, and our daughter, EVERLEIGH. I don’t want to rely on anyone, least of all CREW GENTRY. He’s my first love and the man who almost destroyed me, the man who has let me down every time I’ve needed him.
But when tragedy strikes a second time, Crew just might be my only hope.
My life changed forever the night my brother died.
I was left with a guilty conscience, a pile of mistakes, and little else. I take care of JULIA GENTRY, my brother’s widow and the love of my life, and their daughter. I know she doesn’t want my help, but she gets it anyway. I owe her that.When another disaster hits, I’m given the opportunity to make things right. I’m taking it. I'm willing to sacrifice it all.

★★★★4 Fighting Stars★★★★

I haven't read a book this fast in a really long time but I couldn't help myself.This book completely sucked me in and made me getting nothing done.I didn't leave my house today and the only time I moved was to take a freakin bathroom break.Crew Gentry you have completely destroyed me!!
Julia Gentry has been a widow for the past two years and is barely holding it together.She goes through the motions and she struggles everyday to move on and have a life while taking care of her daughter.But it's not so easy when the one person that you blame for your husband's death keeps showing up and being a permanent fixture in your life.Crew Gentry is that person and he doesn't plan on leaving.
"I've accepted that she's gonna hate me for the rest of her life.She's accepted that I won't go away". 
Crew blames himself for his brother's death and what he's feeling is not only guilt but remorse.He loved Julia once and they were the perfect couple until he messed that up sending her into his brother's arm.Trying to get back in julie' good graces is not going to be an easy fight but he likes a challenge.
 photo 1437168552885_zpspdw1zumm.jpg
What they weren't expecting was to be facing another tragedy if certain things were not done.This causes Crew to take matters into his own hands and do something that nearly killed him years ago.How far will he go and at what cost? 
I really liked that this was a slow build and it took time and we got to see Crew and Julia go from her not tolerating him, to friendship then to being lovers.What I also loved was the build up to Crew's decision.Would he really risk it all for "his girls"? I was on the edge of my seat and then two words that I didn't want to see came up.I had a mini heart attack but I turned the page and everything turned out beautifully.
"Listen carefully, take notes if you gotta,but by God,pay attention....I'm drawing a fucking line in the sand right now and it'd do ya some good not to cross it". 
 photo 14371793896471_zpsn3zt9wpj.jpg
This story is about fighting for the ones that you love and sacrificing everything but at the same time seek forgiveness and have a second chance.At love, at a one time dream and having a family.I loved every moment of this story and I'm praying like hell that Will gets his own book because he needs it.
"It's easy to be a man when you are the man, when life is easy and you're shitting roses.But the true test of a man is how he handles things when life gets tough".

Post a Comment