REVIEW: THE AIR HE BREATHES BY BRITTAINY C CHERRY

November 13, 2015


25564446

I was warned about Tristan Cole.
“Stay away from him,” people said.
“He’s cruel.”
“He’s cold.”
“He’s damaged.”
It’s easy to judge a man because of his past. To look at Tristan and see a monster.
But I couldn’t do that. I had to accept the wreckage that lived inside of him because it also lived inside of me.
We were both empty.
We were both looking for something else. Something more.
We both wanted to put together the shattered pieces of our yesterdays.
Then perhaps we could finally remember how to breathe.

★★★★4 Stars★★★★

 photo 1443318619585_zpsxthpar9a.jpg
"Every second. Every minute. Every hour. Every day."

The Air He Breathes was an emotional telling story about loss,hope and acceptance.Every word that was put on paper was the like the holy grail of literacy.I cannot tell you how many times I highlighted pages upon pages of this lyrically awe inspiring book and that is what I love when I read.I want to swept up in the words and feel everything.
Tristan and Elizabeth has both suffered a tremendous loss.Elizabeth losing the love of her life and Tristan losing his family.Both unexpected and both horrific.I could not begin to imagine the type of pain that they were in and my heart broke with the telling of their stories.
Having left for a year after her husband's death, Lizzie decides that it's time to try and move on so she returns back home with her daughter Emma.Easier said than done because grief is a funny thing.It can make you believe that you're going to be okay one minute and shatter you completely the next without warning.She then meets Tristan, the town's asshole in a unexpected manner and decides that she wants to be his friend.She sees something in him that stares back at her everyday:Loss: and all she wants to do is help him.But He doesn't want her help or anyone else's.
"Maybe the truest form of love grew from the deepest kinds of pain." 

 photo 20150926_210410-BlendCollage_zps5cywfmtc.jpg

Tristan is broken mess.Losing your family will do that to a person but he has another thing going for him:ANGER. He's angry at everything and all he wants is just to be left alone so he can wallow in peace but Lizzie won't allow it.She wants to help and she thinks they can make the best out of their situation by forming a friendship.
I loved the progress of their relationship.In my eyes,it wasn't rushed and it felt real.Their feelings were real.Their grief was real.Their passion, my god IT.WAS.HOT, palpable and I loved their time together.
"He made me smile.He made me happy. He made me laugh in a world that was determined to make me cry." 
Now you're wondering so why not 5 stars.Even though I LOVED this book,I didn't agree with a certain part of the story or should I say "Pretend". If you've already read the book then you know exactly what I'm talking about.I also felt like the ending was too rushed for me and I pretty much guessed everything.I wasn't surprised with anything in the plot so I was disappointed with that aspect.
Besides that,I loved this book and if you're looking for an emotional read,please give this one a chance and just jump right in.You won't regret it.

"You know that place in between nightmare's and dreams? The place where tomorrows never come and yesterdays don't hurt anymore? The place where you're heart beats in sync with mine?The place where time doesn't exist,and it's easy to breathe?

"I want to live there with you."



Post a Comment