REVIEW: TAINTED BLACK by Shanora Williams

November 16, 2015

25806507
Dear Mr. Black,
I know you were hurting. I heard your cries. I wished over and over again that I could make it better, but as you stated I was too inexperienced; too good for someone as bad as you.
Perhaps you were right, but it didn’t matter because what I did know was that I loved the way you felt—loved the way you smelled. I loved how hard you got for me, and when you called me your Little Knight. 
I can still remember that day in the park, when you held me close and kissed me deep. How you effortlessly made me cry your name on top of sweet smelling grass, making me feel like the only girl in the world. I loved how you looked at me, how you spoke to me.
I had been madly in love with you ever since I was twelve years old, but I shouldn’t have been. 
Isabelle would have hated it—my best friend. I couldn’t afford to lose her. Besides, you two had already lost enough. Losing Mrs. Black was the epitome.
It’s Chloe Knight. 
I wanted to be there for you no matter what, but Isabelle needed me too. And she would have hated me if she ever found out I was sleeping with her father.

★★★★4 Bittersweet Stars★★★★

 photo 1442187022337_zpsnfkekuog.jpg

"We weren't a normal fling. We were unusual, rare and sadly,the unusualness- the reality-was what stood in the way of complete happiness between us." 

For the first time in a really long time,I don't know what to write in my review.It's been 24 hours since I've finished reading this book and I can't articulate what I want to say.
Raw:That's how I'm feeling right now.Am I angry?happy? Sad? Utterly depressed?I.DON'T.F*UCKING.KNOW
I have all these emotions running through me and do you know what I want to do right now? Drink!!
Chloe Knight has been a part of of the Black family since she was twelve years old.Having them as her new neighbors,she quickly became best friends their daughter Izzy. She instantly feels a connection with Theo and from that moment he became her friend.Years go by and her infatuation with Theo remained but there's something more.She feels it and knows that this will be a very dangerous line to cross so she keeps her interest to herself.Until tragedy strikes and all hell breaks loose.
Theodre Black is a loving Husband to his beautiful wife and an adoring father to his only child Izzy. Having it rough when he was younger,he came full circle and life is good.New neighborhood,his daughter made a new friend and his business is doing well.Fast forward seven years and his daughter and Chloe are about to graduate high school. But life is good right? Wrong.

 photo 1442185899674_zpscmxipp4l.jpg
In the midst of a terrible tragedy,Chloe and Theo grew closer.Lines were blurred,feelings became the forefront and nothing became the same again for Chloe and Theo. After leaving home for three years,she returns for the summer and is now a more mature twenty-two year old.I don't want to give the entire plot away so I will just say that it gets messy and complicated but passionate and heartbreaking.
I didn't love the first half of the story so much.I found the pace too slow and quite honestly I just wasn't feeling it that much.The second half? Sh*t got real and this is when I sat up and started to take notice.There were some characters that I plotting their deaths and wishing that they would've just gone away but it made the story.
Finally the ending.WHAAAAAAAAAAAT. That's all I'm going to say about it.

Post a Comment