REVIEW: REAPER'S FALL by Joanna Wylde

November 27, 2015

24582414
He never meant to hurt her.
Levi “Painter” Brooks was nothing before he joined the Reapers motorcycle club. The day he patched in, they became his brothers and his life. All they asked in return was a strong arm and unconditional loyalty—a loyalty that’s tested when he’s caught and sentenced to prison for a crime committed on their behalf.
Melanie Tucker may have had a rough start, but along the way she’s learned to fight for her future. She’s escaped from hell and started a new life, yet every night she dreams of a biker whose touch she can’t forget. It all started out so innocently—just a series of letters to a lonely man in prison. Friendly. Harmless. Safe. Now Painter Brooks is coming home… and Melanie’s about to learn that there’s no room for innocence in the Reapers MC.



 photo 1447218208221_zpsafaad4ck.jpg

"I was truly, deeply, and utterly fucked,because I fucking loved this girl.... and she wasn't for me". 


Levi "Painter" Brooks is a lovable dumb-ass. Yea I said it (let's move on). While doing time in prison,he has something to look forward too and that's letters from the "sweet and innocent" Melanie Tucker.She's too good for him but those letters mean the world to him and just for a brief moment he thinks about the "what ifs" Can he be that guy? The one who she can depend on to be loving and faithful? One moment with words left unsaid leaves you with the ultimate demise of a what if.

Melanie has had a very rough childhood but through it all, she survived and is striving on her own.She goes to school,has a best friend who loves and wants her to be happy, and not so secretly have a crush on the bad ass biker Painter.Now this is where it gets complicated and frustrating.

I loved the prologue.We knew what was going to happen and for me I couldn't wait to read it because of that.How did they get to that point? What was the ultimate "nail in the coffin" for two people who were so wrong for each other who supposedly shared a love that we as humans struggle to find. I was extremely disappointed and wanted more.

"I'm the guy who doesn't call and I don't even regret it, because I truly don't give a shit who I hurt. Except for some fucked-up reason, I care about you". 


I HATED the time jump.HATED.IT!! One minute it was a month later, then a year, then four. I wanted Melanie and Painter to have more time together and explore each other but all I got was a surprise pregnancy, too much MC drama and distance.I think that if this story was more focused on Melanie and Painter as a couple I would have loved it a lot more.

I really enjoyed seeing the other characters from the previous books and I loved the unity of the "Brotherhood".Everyone looked out for each other and supported each other when it mattered.Even though this was not my favorite, I will continue to read the rest of the books in this series.

Post a Comment