REVIEW: CORRUPT BY PENELOPE DOUGLAS

November 20, 2015

21981841
Erika 
I was told that dreams were our heart’s desires. My nightmares, however, became my obsession. 
His name is Michael Crist. 
My boyfriend’s older brother is like that scary movie that you peek through your hand to watch. He is handsome, strong, and completely terrifying. The star of his college’s basketball team and now gone pro, he’s more concerned with the dirt on his shoe than me. 
But I noticed him.
I saw him. I heard him. The things that he did, and the deeds that he hid…For years, I bit my nails, unable to look away. 
Now, I’ve graduated high school and moved on to college, but I haven’t stopped watching Michael. He’s bad, and the dirt I’ve seen isn’t content to stay in my head anymore. 
Because he’s finally noticed me. 
Michael
Her name is Erika Fane, but everyone calls her Rika.
My brother’s girlfriend grew up hanging around my house and is always at our dinner table. She looks down when I enter a room and stills when I am close. I can always feel the fear rolling off of her, and while I haven’t had her body, I know that I have her mind. That’s all I really want anyway. 
Until my brother leaves for the military, and I find Rika alone at college. 
In my city. 
Unprotected. 
The opportunity is too good to be true as well as the timing. Because you see, three years ago she put a few of my high school friends in prison, and now they’re out. We’ve waited. We’ve been patient. And now every last one of her nightmares will come true.

4.5 CORRUPTED STARS!
Oh. MY, God. What the hell did I just read?I do not know what to say as I'm just staring blankly and couldn't find or form any coherent thoughts and words that will give justice to what I have just read. I finished it hours ago and even played hooky form work since when I started reading just the blurb I could not put it down. I was hooked and I know I need to experience and feel every emotion in this TALE OF VENGEANCE.
The story begins with Erika Fane who practically grew up in the Christ Family and is always in loved with the eldest of the two sons - Michael, even if always paired up with Trevor; and the  4 HORSEMAN - Thunder Bays favorite sons. Michael, son of a real estate developer; Will, grandson of a senator; Kai, son of an influential socialite and banker; and Damon the media mogul's son. All live a wealthy and privilege life. Until that one night that changed their lives forever: DEVILS NIGHT!

"Whether or not I wanted this or liked any of it, it was never a question. Three years ago, curious little Erika Fane wanted to play with the boys, so we indulged her, and she betrayed us. There was no way we’d forget. Once restitution was paid, my friends could have peace." 
We’ve waited. We’ve been patient. And now every last one of her nightmares will come true. 

Well, what can I say? I love this book and it actually piqued my interest since it was posted here in GR. Though classified as dark, I couldn't say it's dark that much. It's erotic (you really have to read the sex scenes) I'ts so hot as in smoking freaking hot. There's a slight sadism though but definitely smoking. 
There might be love interest but I couldn't say it's romantic even if both the leads have chemistry in them. So safe to say that overall it's just dark and erotic and I'll just put it that way. 
Some may say that most of the scenes are disturbing and seems unrealistic, however that made this story more edgier. It's raw but it's really fabulous. Penelpe Douglas have done great. My only complaint though is everything happened so fast and the issues were resolved quickly. Maybe I was looking for more angst-filled scenes or maybe I just wasn't really ready for it to end. 
Nevertheless, I was CORRUPTED!
As I've said in my previous reviews, I'm always not up to spoilers. You really need to read the book. 

Remember,
"Life is one-way, and there is no return trip. What are you waiting for?"

Post a Comment