Review: The Fantasy Effect by Paige Fieldsted

August 2, 2017


The Fantasy Effect
Paige Fieldsted
Blurb
Everything was perfect. My marriage was amazing, Quinn was amazing, our sex life was amazing. I had the job of my dreams and a relationship most people only dream about. I had it all and didn’t even realize it.
Then there was Carson with his blond hair and blue eyes, and a cocky smile I couldn’t get out of my head. He was the star of all my dirtiest fantasies, a forbidden temptation I couldn’t have. Or could I?
I thought I had it all figured out. I thought I could have my cake and eat it too. I was wrong, and now everything is falling apart.
I brought my fantasy to life and unveiled a secret I wasn’t prepared for. Now my reality is crashing down around me, and I don’t know how to stop it.
I had it all but wanted more; now I might be left with nothing.

Goodreads
Paige Fieldsted made a bold move with the subject matter of her debut novel, The Fantasy Effect. It is not one everybody will be able to read, but for those of you that can appreciate novels about flawed human beings, it is definitely worth the read. The one thing I can guarantee you above all else is that this book will make you FEEL!


From the moment I began reading this story, I was hooked! The author’s writing style is undeniably addictive and captivating. The first chapter will have you practically salivating for the next. Devouring chapter after chapter with little regard for my basic human needs, I barely slept at all the night I read this, but the exhaustion the next day was WORTH IT!



So often in books, the main characters stop themselves before they do something they can’t take back, or whatever mistake they do make is one that can be forgiven with a decent amount of intense groveling. In this story, the characters go beyond the point of no return. What they do is unforgivable in the eyes of most people, but that is actually what made me LOVE IT!

I like stories that make me think, make me feel, and show sides of human beings that are real, imperfect, and sometimes downright ugly. So many things in this world are not black and white, and I am endlessly fascinated by all of the shades of gray. I love questions that have no right answers. Things that make most people uncomfortable, I find interesting. It doesn’t mean I agree with everything that happens in this book, but I think it is something that happens every day. It isn’t represented in the romance genre as much in this way, because most people find it despicable.

Reading this will have you pondering all kinds of things before the book concludes, and that is what I adore most about it. Can you truly love two people at once? After you rip apart someone’s life due to a decision you make even if you regret it, should you be allowed to have happiness yourself? If someone does something that is entirely wrong, selfish, and unforgivable, does that make them horrible people that don’t deserve happy endings? Everyone makes mistakes, but do those of us that make the biggest ones in a moment of weakness or even passion deserve heartache and misery forever after?

The Fantasy Effect is an incredible read that you won’t be able to pry out of your hands. When you finally finish it, you will be thinking about it for days to come. The fact that this is the author’s debut novel is amazing to me! She writes like someone that has been doing it for years. The pacing is perfect, the writing style is engaging, and the sex is hot af.

Paige, I will be picking up whatever it is you choose to write in the future. This book is one of the most interesting I have read all year. If this is your first attempt at writing a novel, I can’t wait to see what’s to come!

I recommend this to romance fans that like stories that make you experience an overabundance of emotions, keeps you on the edge of your seat, and are impossible to put down once you start reading them. Keep in mind, it will probably make you angry at the characters, and there is cheating involved. I just want to warn you about that ahead of time, so you don’t hate me later, but if the subject matter doesn’t put you off, one-click this one asap and enjoy! I certainly did! 


Buy Link
https://www.amazon.com/Fantasy-Effect-Paige-Fieldsted-ebook/dp/B06Y45PYLH
Teasers





Author Information


Paige Fieldsted lives in Utah with her husband, son Mason and Willy
the pug. She has been writing for as long as she can remember and
eventually pursued a career in journalism before leaving her job as a
reporter for a job in communications, where the hours aren’t as long
and the stress isn’t as high. When she’s not writing or working, Paige
loves watching sports, especially football, cooking, having
impromptu dance parties in the kitchen with her toddler, singing
loudly in the car and reading.

Author Links


Post a Comment