New Release with Review: Unloved by Katy Regnery

October 8, 2017




Title: UNLOVED, a love story
Author: Katy Regnery
Publication Date: October 8, 2017
Pages: 325
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Sub-Genre: Suspense

BLURB


My name is Cassidy Porter…
My father, Paul Isaac Porter, was executed twenty years ago for the brutal murder of twelve innocent girls.
Though I was only eight-years-old at the time, I am aware – every day of my life – that I am his child, his only son.
To protect the world from the poison in my veins, I live a quiet life, off the grid, away from humanity.
I promised myself, and my mother, not to infect innocent lives with the darkness that swirls within me, waiting to make itself known.
It’s a promise I would have kept…if Brynn Cadogan hadn’t stumbled into my life.
Now I exist between heaven and hell: falling for a woman who wants to love me, while all along reminding myself that I must remain…
Unloved.
**NOTE: This book is intended for readers 18+**


PRE-ORDER LINKS:

Apple iTunes: http://ow.ly/M2Ub30dJORp
Barnes & Noble: http://ow.ly/dHX930dMySA
Kobo: http://ow.ly/LD2t30dJQQw







 “There’s are no guarantees. Only a monster would gamble with someone else’s life when the possibility of a tragic outcome is so much higher than average.” 

This book was on my radar from the moment I read that heart stopping blurb. Being the son of a serial killer and falling for a woman who makes you want to have a normal life?! I was prepared to INHALE the crap out this story and bask in the high effect of what I was going to experience and even though I’m a bit disappointed, I can’t take away the fact that it held my attention.

Brynn has been through a lot in the past two years. Losing her fiancé was devastating ng but losing him in such a brutal way was the worst pain imaginable and getting over something like that, is not an easy thing. With sheer will and determination, Brynn decides that it’s time to move on and let her fiancé go in the best way by climbing his favorite mountain. But getting to the top is not going to be an easy feat and when she encounters a dangerous scene, meeting her rescuer is going to change the course of her plans. 


 “The son of murderers don’t deserve to be happy. They are born paying for the sins of their fathers.

Cassidy Porter is from a line of bad blood. Being the son of a notorious serial killer in the town of Maine, he’s  heard it all when it comes to the “town talk”. Having been isolated and living in his family cabin from the age of nine, Cassidy is now a grown man that has nothing but the wilderness to keep him company and he’s ok with that. But when he first stumbles upon a stunning brunette who’s determined to make it on her own up an infamous mountain, something happens to him for the first time in his life. Feeling desire and attraction for another person is a normal thing but for someone like Cassidy that might have a killer gene, it can be deadly. When a chance encounter brings him closer to Brynn, what will happen when desire begins to override everything that he’s been taught about himself? 

I have to say first and foremost that I really thought that this was going to be a completely different read. I was expecting something dark and gritty that was going to throw me for a loop and make me gasp and cringe at the same time and sadly, I never got it with this. The one thing that I will say is that this author can write and I truly loved the innocence of one of the main characters. This person was lovable in their own right and I’m glad I got to witness their firsts in so many things. With that being said, I think if you’re looking for a nice darkish read with some sweet moments, then this book is most definitely for you. 



Post a Comment