Book Review : Vivienne's Guilt by Heather M. Orgeron

July 27, 2016



Vivienne

Guilt...
Like a cancer, it festers, slowly stealing your life bit by painful bit.
What do you do when you have betrayed the love of your life but he is no longer there to grant you forgiveness? How do you carry the weight of your gravest mistake knowing there is no way to atone for it?
I've made a terrible choice–one that can't be undone.
Hiding this secret is eating me alive.
But if it ever came out?
If it were ever discovered?
It would destroy everything.

Reid
They say you always want what you can't have.
From the moment I laid eyes on Vivienne Parker, I knew I was fighting a losing battle. I want to believe that I'm better than this–that I wouldn't cross that line–but deep down, I know if I were ever given a chance, there's no way in hell I'd refuse.
She's my uncle's wife, so why does it feel as if she is mine?

***For ages 18+ due to adult language and sexual content.***


4.0 "UGLY CRY" STARS!!!

"They say that people come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime" 

Vivienne's Guilt is my first book of the author. To be honest I did not know what awaits me with this story. The blurb keeps on calling my attention and I cannot let it pass. It really sounds good and interesting so I made it a go. I did not regret though because this book took me by surprise.I sobbed so damn hard and I'm not even passed three chapters yet. Tears just kept on flowing I was a mess. The emotion was just too much I feel like my heart's gonna burst because of the pain I felt reading the book. I thought that was all but I caught myself still sobbing in between and nearing the end. Oh damn!! And nobody even post a warning??? I sure read some reviews but it wasn't enough. Talk about spoiler free and just that, I wasn't aware at all. 

Truth be told, the story was beautifully written but so damn raw.The aftermath of a woman's loss. The depression and devastation... I feel it so deep in my bones. The guilt a woman shoulder's with a mistake so damn blurry. It feels so real. It feels in-appropriate and so taboo. It's just FORBIDDEN but hell the story is just so UNIQUE! And I couldn't help myself from thinking what will happen next. I was so puzzled yet curious where this story will lead and I'm struck again because it may not be the one I thought it would be, I may be heart broken but this is what I call a bittersweet Happily Ever After and I really don't think there's better ending than this.

The story may not be for everyone since the issues are a little different but I still recommend it. Take a chance and buckle up to the roller coaster ride of Vivienne and Reid.

Heather M. Orgeron, this is my first book of your's but you manage to make me a mess and I never regret that! You delivered a unique and real story of love and loss, friendship and family. Great debut novel!

Buy Links:


 


Heather M. Orgeron
Heather M. Orgeron is a Cajun girl with a big heart and a passion for romance. She married her high school sweetheart two months after graduation and her life has been a fairytale ever since. She’s the queen of her castle, reigning over five sons and one bossy little princess who has made it her mission in life to steal her Momma’s throne. When she’s not writing, you will find her hidden beneath mounds of laundry and piles of dirty dishes or locked in her tower(aka the bathroom) soaking in the tub with a good book.  She’s always been an avid reader and has recently discovered a love for cultivating romantic stories of her own.

Post a Comment