REVIEW: REAL by Katy Evans

May 24, 2015

A fallen boxer.17617277A woman with a broken dream.A competition...

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting...
Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I've ever met in my life.
He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I've never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong—but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents...
But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.
I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.
If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?


It was a little Insta-lusty, but not to the point where it bothered me.

“Have you ever been anyone's?"
"No. And you?"
"I've never wanted to."
"Neither have I. Until I saw this lovely girl in Seattle, with big gold eyes, and pink, full lips... and I wondered if she could understand me...” 

The sexual tension OMFG SO GOOD. I felt it throughout the whole book. Amazing chemistry.

Why’d you want to have sex with me? To have a f*cking adventure? What was I supposed to be? Your one-night-f*cking stand? I’m every woman’s adventure, damn you, and I don’t want to be yours. I want to be your f*cking REAL. You get that? If I f*ck you, I want you to belong to me. To be mine. I want you to give yourself to me—not Riptide!” 

“You’ll leave me the second it gets too steep, and you’ll leave me with nothing – when I want you like I’ve never wanted anything in life. You’re all I think about, dream about. I get high and low and it’s not about you now, it’s not even about me anymore. I can’t sleep, can’t think, can’t concentrate worth shit anymore and it’s all because I want to be the fucking ‘one’ for you.” 
I thought this books was going to be a lighthearted erotica read, but it broke my heart and pulled it back together several times.I loved when Brooke and Remy communicated through music.

“I love him. He's not just a star, he's the whole fucking sky to me. He's the sun and every planet in this galaxy.”

“That's why I didn't want to touch you I knew I'd go crazy if I touched you, and now, it tears me open to ask you to be with me when I know I'm just going to do something to hurt you again!
"Yes! Yes you probably are, you idiot! And it's going to be a damn skydive for me, and I'm going to hang on tight and just jump with you because that's what you do to me.”

“You’ve claimed me, little firecracker. You kicked a pair of two hundred pound men’s asses. I will never get over that. You kicked my whores out. Pete told me. You staked your claim on me, even before you realized I’d staked mine already.” He fists my hair and pulls me close to his lips. “I’m yours now … Even if I screw this up, I’ll still be your screw-up.” 

Why not 5 stars? 

First of all, I would've like some more dialogue. Secondly, I felt that some mental health issues were handled badly. Maybe the author should've done a better research? Idk. I studied Medicine for a year and really care about mental health so I knew some things about certain disorder that was discussed in the book.

However, these issues didn't take anything away from the reading experience, that's why I only took 1 star out of the rating.


Post a Comment