REVIEW: ARCHER'S VOICE by Mia Sheridan

May 24, 2015

20639274
When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees.Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love.



First Read in May, 2014.

Reread February 2015: STILL AS AWESOME AS THE FIRST TIME.
❥❥❥

IF YOU LIKED THIS BOOK, YOU MIGHT ENJOY:


❥❥❥
"The story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice."


One of the best character developments I´ve read so far. Very creative and original. Loved it, I recommend it 100%. It´s like no other book out there. It´s definitely worth the hype.

"The loudest words are the ones we live.” 


“Try to believe that maybe more light shines out of those who have the most cracks.” 


“I didn’t know enough to dream you, Bree, but somehow you came true anyway. How did that happen?” He rubbed his nose along mine, pausing and then pulling back again. “Who read my mind and knew exactly what I wanted, even when I didn’t?” 


“I'm afraid to love you. I'm afraid that you'll leave and that I'll go back to being alone again. Only it will be a hundred times worse because I'll know what I'm missing. I can't…” He sucked in a shaky breath. “I want to be able to love you more than I fear losing you, and I don't know how. Teach me, Bree. Please teach me. Don't let me destroy this.” 


“I want to be able to love you more than I fear losing you” 


“I knew I loved her – fiercely and with every part of my heart, even the broken parts, even the parts that felt unworthy and without value. And maybe those parts most of all.” 

“How do you teach a man who has lost everything, not to fear it happening again?” 
“I stand by my logic though. I think love is a concept, and each person has an individual word for what sums it up for them. My word for love is Bree.” 
“There is nothing to find out. What I know, is that you walked through my gate that day and I lost my heart. But not because it could have been any girl-because it was you. I lost my heart to you. And, Bree, in case you're wondering, I don't ever want it back.” 
“This is that burden I was talking about, Bree. This is what the burden of loving me looks like.”
“Loving you isn't a burden. Loving you is an honor and a joy, Archer.” 
“He smiled back and put his lips against mine, mouthing, “I love you, too,” against my mouth, as if he was breathing love into my body.” 
“Someday … when we're old and gray, I'm going to look at you lying in bed beside me, just like this, and I'm going to look into your eyes and know that it's only ever been you. And that is going to be the great joy of my life.” 
“Each night before I fall asleep, I make it a point to turn to my wife and silently say "Only you, only ever you". And her love slips quietly around me, holding me, anchoring me, reminding me that the loudest words are the ones we live.”

Post a Comment