New Release+ Review: To All The Guys I Killed Before by Sara Whitney

August 24, 2026

 



TROPES ✨

🔪 Murder as Meet Cute

🤣 Dark Comedy

👀 Surveillance as Love Language

✌🏻 Secret Identities / Dual Identities

😍 He Falls First

🖤 Morally Dark Heroine and Hero




Blurb

Rue Bellamy thinks I'm the most boring man alive, and I intend to keep it that way.


As long as my sweet-faced neighbor never sees past my beige cardigans and passionate opinions about rose fertilizer, she won’t realize I've been in love with her for every one of the 538 days I’ve known her.


She also won’t think to look for the cameras I installed in her half of our duplex. (What can I say? Surveillance is my love language.)


Best of all, she’ll never connect those impeccably staged accidents she processes as a death investigator to the man watering the rosebushes next door.


After a year and a half of mailbox small talk with my rose-growing psychologist neighbor Hugo, it's a relief to pull on a mask and deliver justice the system won't, one solitary kill at a time.


At least it was, until a rival vigilante starts turning up at my future crime scenes like he owns them (because as far as he's concerned, he does). I don’t know his name or what he looks like. I do know I’m taking risks I shouldn’t so I can see him again. 


Then one of our murder-dates goes spectacularly wrong, and I discover that my boring neighbor and the seasoned killer I'm falling for are the same guy.


Turns out a vigilante situationship hits different when you share a wall—especially when Hugo’s been keeping even more secrets than I have.


🔪🔪Buy Here🔪🔪

Amazon

Barnes and Noble

Add to Goodreads


To All the Guys I Killed Before is a delightfully unhinged mashup of Mr. and Mrs. Smith's secret double lives, Lights Out's morally gray golden retriever hero, and Butcher & Blackbird's blood-slicked banter. Book 1 in the Right Kind of Wrong series is funny, spicy, ridiculously romantic, and genuinely dark, with a killer found family and enough OMG WHAT??? moments to fill several unmarked graves. Books 2 and 3—How to Slay a Guy in Ten Days and He's Just Not that Into Stalking You—are coming for you soon.




💋💋4 Stars💋💋

This was such a pleasant surprise. I had no idea that I was going to fall in love with not one but two crazy dysfunctional vigilante killers!!

28275336

Rue has always marched to the beat of her own drum and she has no plans of changing the way she does things. Being a forensic medical examiner has made her see things beyond a clinical level and she uses that skill to her liking at night. But when she meets someone whose life's mission is to deliver their own kind of justice, Rue knows that kills as she knows it, is about to get a lot more complicated.

tumblr 05f1906191d662770eac5d17e1021fc3 3fca18db 500

I really enjoyed this one and it had the perfect balance of dark humor, sexual tension, and hilarious banter. Hugo and Rue were the complete opposite of each on paper but the minute they were in the same room together, you knew immediately that these two were meant for each other. They moved in sync and I loved seeing them in their natural element because they made each other better.

This is my first time reading anything from this author and it certainly will not be my last! I'm really excited to see what she's going to do for the next few books in the series. If you're a fan of dark romance but you're looking for comedic relief as well, I highly recommend you read this one.














Sara Whitney writes spicy (and occasionally stabby) rom-coms so addictive, you’ll finish them in one sitting and immediately stalk her for the next one. Sara’s an award-winning author whose books feature banter, big feelings, and heroes who’ve been in love since page one but are absolutely not ready to discuss it yet.

A recovering journalist and film critic who went rogue and got a Ph.D., Sara splits her time between professering, writing romance, and badgering her friends into watching her latest TV obsessions. Her writing lair (aka house) is outfitted with hot pink hallways, entire rooms of bookcases, and three adorable but sociopathic cats. Sara lives in Central Illinois, surviving on Swedish Fish, Yankees baseball, and the unwavering belief that red lipstick can fix almost anything.

To keep up on the latest news, subscribe to Sara’s newsletter:

Mailing List
Also, she loves hearing from readers. What are you watching? What are you reading? Which of her characters can’t you stop thinking about? Drop her a line at sara (at) sarawhitney (dot) com.
















Post a Comment