Book Review:Crown Of Lies by Pepper Winters

February 1, 2017





BLURB 

“I met the boy I wanted. But then he vanished and a new man claimed me instead. My father approved, my colleagues congratulated, and behind closed doors, I was bedded by a stranger.”

Noelle Charlston lived a fairy-tale life: a doting father, a powerful job, and a future blessed with financial security.

However, two meetings with two men changed her happy existence forever. First, she met the boy who made her heart sing. Second, she met the man who made her blood quiver.

Noelle’s freedom was no longer hers. It belonged to the man her father believed was the perfect match. The man who pulled his lies over everyone he touched.
Including her.

Seduced and manipulated, Noelle lives two lives. The one everyone sees on the outside and the one no one sees on the inside. The lies he spins, the truth he hides, the mystery he webs—it’s all enough to slowly erode the woman she’d been and turn her into something else.

Until her past collides with her present.
And it’s her turn to lie.
To everyone…including herself


⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 Deceitful Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

                Image and video hosting by TinyPic

                 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I truly feel like someone threw me into a Web of lies and I’m having a hard time believing which is reality and what just happened. Am I crazy? Who’s telling the telling the truth? I just don’t know anymore. I love it when an author can make you question things and take you out of your comfort zone for the time being and Pepper certainly did that for me. Was I nervous? Heck yea. Did I drink more than usual? Hmmm… I’m pleading the fifth on that one. 

Noelle “Elle” Charleston has always been a daddy’s little girl. Losing her mother at a young age, her father has been the one constant in her life that has never let her down. Groomed to take over the family’s company since the age of twelve, Elle has been working extremely hard to keep it into the successful business that it is. But working 24/7 leaves no room for a personal life and little does she know that one impulse moment, will forever shape the woman that she’s going to become. 

Now three years later, Elle is still a workaholic and under father’s meddling,, she’s introduced to the straight forward Penn Everett. Never one to back down from an arrogant person, Elle decides to let Penn know exactly who he’s dealing with. What was supposed to be a clash of sorts, turned into an unexplainable hot as hell attraction that neither of them could deny. But who’s playing who? 

             Image and video hosting by TinyPic

                  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“He hypnotized me. He corrupted me. 

Penn Everett is sexy.

Penn Everett is mysterious.

Penn Everett is charming.

Penn Everett is classy.

Penn Everett is Dangerous. 

Penn Everett is someone you don’t want to mess with. 

With all of these qualities, you would think there would be a warning sign attached to that man but that’s not the case. He’s powerful in his own right, he’s seductive with his own words, and the game that he wants to play is an erotic Web that will have you spinning and spinning until you surrender and say your safe word. Penn Everett ladies and gentleman,, is a GOD. 

This story flowed effortlessly and I loved the fact that our heroine wasn’t some kind of weak character. This girl was a force of nature that made her own rules and stood up for herself while at the same time having a beautiful innocence that remained intact. Elle and Penn’s relationship was highly seductive and their connection to each other had me flipping the pages Inn record time while cursing myself for not savoring the moment. 

                      “I want to take you, own you, control you.” 

My only issue with this one was that I felt there was a lot of unanswered questions and that left me quite confused and frustrated. I would’ve liked a little bit more of a background on Penn’s history but at the same time, I understood why it was done this way and now I'm DYING for part 2 right now!.Aside from that, if you love a bit of mystery in your reads with some of the hottest scenes I’ve ever read, then you NEED this book.

Post a Comment