Book Review: The Man,The Game,The Baby by Karolyn James

June 16, 2016


They hired her to keep me out of jail. Now she’s carrying my baby… 

Roman Knight. You know the name. You know the reputation… on and off the field. There’s not a pass I can’t complete or a woman I can’t charm. I’m the highest paid quarterback in the league. But I’m one bar fight away from jail. Now my people have hired some lawyer to try to control me. Yeah, right. I know she’s going to last about as long as all my other lawyers. 

Right up until I meet her. 

As soon as I lay eyes on Willow, I know I have to have her… in my bed and in my life. I always get what I want, and this time, I end up with a little more than planned. Willow is pregnant… and if that’s not shocking enough, a late night incident results in a murder charge being thrown my way. I’m left with a choice – rat on an old friend or go to jail. 

If I want a real life, and a family… I’m going to have to fight for it. 


4 "Who's The Man" Stars



Well it's official. Roman Knight is hands down one of the most arrogant, cocky SOB that I've had the pleasure of reading about and I don't know if I want continue swooning or smack the smugness right off his face. That man tested my patience but one thing was for sure: Love him or hate him, he was Unforgettable. 

Roman has it all. A fantastic football career, money, women, money, MORE women, you name it, he's got it. What he doesn't fully has, is the ability to keep himself out of trouble for once. Everywhere he goes, trouble just seems to follow him and it doesn't help that his ego is the size of the "Grand Canyon" making him more cocky. Does he care about getting into trouble and risking his career? Hell no. In his eye's, he's the King of the field and his legal team would take care of everything. Get into a bar fight? Legal team. Destroy paparazzi cameras? Legal team. You get the pattern. 

The only thing Willow has ever wanted to do was be a good lawyer. She's worked extremely hard for her job so when she's asked to be the newest legal team member for Roman Knight, her initial reaction was to say no. To be honest I couldn't  blame her because who in their right mind would take on Roman Knight as a client and not start drinking! Having no other choice, she agrees to make sure he stays out of trouble for the time being and get his act together. This couldn't possibly be so bad right? WRONG!

With the sexual tension, Roman's troubled past, and their ability to not stay away from each other, Willow and Roman story was very fast paced and enjoyable read. I loved how Roman spoke his mind and even though his arrogance got him trouble most of the time, he never backed down. He was fighter and if he wanted something, he went out there and he got it. 

Did I also hate him for that same arrogance sometimes? Absolutely. But he wouldn't have been him if that part wasn't real. There was one issue with one of the characters that had me spitting mad.Roman did the best thing possible in the begining and I admired him so much for that but then at the end, I wanted him to just walk away from that person because he really wasn't obligated.Aside from that, if you love hot bad boy football players, then this book is definetly for you.





London Casey is the pen name for bestselling romance author Karolyn James 
Sign up for the official Outlaw Romance Obsession newsletter and you'll never miss a new release! 
Sign up here - tinyurl.com/KJSignup 

Stay social with London (Karolyn) here... 

On Twitter @KarolynWrites 
facebook.com/KarolynJamesAuthor




Post a Comment