New Release With Review: Broken by Serena Akeroyd

August 7, 2024

 



Title: Broken
Author: Serena Akeroyd
Genre: Dark Romance
Tropes: Forbidden/Priest
Release Date: August 1, 2024


BLURB

Forgive me, Father, for I am undeserving when blood soaks these hands that hold Your gift to me.
I am broken and find solace in the darkness.
She is pure and basks in the light.
Did You send her to be my shelter?
I made a vow of celibacy.
She remained untouched.
Did You create her for me?
I am a sin eater, a purger of evil.
She is an angel, a guardian of good.
Did You know she would be my savior?
Thank You, Father, for she is the one sin I will willfully commit.

Broken is a forbidden, dark romance and a complete standalone








PURCHASE LINKS

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited








Judging from the title of this book, I knew this book was going to be dark and the characters were going to be a bit broken themselves. What I was not expecting was the main characters to have such a deep past that ultimately reshaped their entire future. This story was not only tough at times, but it made you suspend your beliefs a little bit.

Andrea has always been a Straight-forward person. If she wanted something, she was not afraid to go out and get it. Growing up with a strict military dad, you would think that she would be a rule follower but you know what? She makes her own rules. Her fascination with a priest that was kidnapped, morphed into a transcending love that will not only take her a lucrative career path, but it will ultimately put her face to face with her muse.

giphy-36

Father Savio knows just how precious life is and he's grateful for it everyday. Carrying out his duty to serve and be there for anyone that needs it, has never wavered despite going through his own special brand of hell. But he also wants to protect his parishioners and he knows that even though there's pure love and beauty, there's also dark and evil.

This was a slow burn in the beginning and even though that might not be for everyone, I actually enjoyed that. From the letters to the dual povs, there was just something so hypnotic about that time frame that captured everything beautifully. As the story progressed and we got further along, I did not enjoy the time jumps. I knew why it was done but I feel like it could've slowed down a little bit more.

If you're looking for a dark forbidden stalker romance, you should give this one a try.

Please be aware that this book contains some sensitive subject matter





AUTHOR BIO


USA Today and International Best Selling Author, I am most known for my mafia and MC series set in the Five Points Mob Universe.

Avid reader of all things romance, I first started my career as a why choose author in both contemporary and paranormal. I eventually made my way to MF romance where I found my groove with the O’Donnelly brothers, the Satan Sinners the Valentini Family, and most recently, the New York Stars and Pigeon Creek series!

In my back list you can find some MM, MF, MFM and Why Choose romances. HEA guaranteed!

When not writing I am either reading, traveling or coloring.


AUTHOR LINKS




2 comments