Release Blast with Review: Gothikana by RuNyx

June 16, 2021

GOTHIKANA by RuNyx is LIVE!!! 



Release Date: June 15

 An unusual girl. An enigmatic man. An ancient castle. What could go wrong? 


An outcast her entire life, Corvina Clemm is left adrift after losing her mother. When she receives the admission letter from the mysterious University of Verenmore, she accepts it as a sign from the universe. The last thing she expects though is an olden, secluded castle on top of a mountain riddled with secrets, deceit, and death.  

An enigma his entire life, Vad Deverell likes being a closed book but knowing exactly everything that happens in the university. A part-time professor working on his thesis, Vad has been around long enough to know the dangers the castle possesses. And he knows the moment his paths cross with Corvina, she's dangerous to everything that he is.  

They shouldn't have caught each other's eye. They cannot be. But a chill-inducing century-old mystery forces them to collide. People have disappeared every five years for over a hundred years, and Corvina is getting clues to unraveling it all, and Vad needs to keep an eye on her. 


And so begins a tale of the mystique, the morbid, the macabre, and a deep love that blossoms in the unlikeliest of places.


Grab Your Copy Here for only $2.99 for a limited time!





Gothikana was one of my most anticipated reads of this year, and now, it's become one of my favorites! RuNyx did not disappoint in any capacity! Corvina Clemm and Vad Deverell are unlike any couple I've read before, and I loved every minute of their story! 


Corvina grew up in an unconventional manner raised and homeschooled by her schizophrenic mother that doesn't like people or to speak more than necessary. Throughout her childhood, she had only the crows, her books, and the voice in her head to keep her company. When an invitation to attend Verenmore arrives, it comes as a surprise... one she never expected would change her life.
 


"𝑰𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔," 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒍𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒑𝒔, "𝒅𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒕." 


Suspense, steam, murder, mystery, forbidden love, a heroine with questionable mental stability, and a hero with questionable morals, it's like this book was written just for me! Everything from the atmosphere to the orgasms is utter perfection! It has a dark, eerie vibe that I couldn't get enough of, and Vad and Corvina are some of the most intriguing and unique characters I've ever read. 


Verenmore, a character in it's own right, is the exclusive university where Corvina attends and Vad teaches. It sits atop a secluded mountain, beautiful and terrifying with ghosts of the past haunting the halls and the woods on the castle grounds. This majestic setting and the secrets it holds made the story so much fun and created an ambience both romantic and downright creepy. 


Everything in this book is mysterious. It's written in such a way that you're constantly uncertain and completely captivated. The history of Verenmore, the voices, the shadows, the suicides, the supposed curse, the woods, the lake, a century of murders and disappearances, and even the main characters themselves keep you guessing the whole way through! 


This is the part of my review where I would normally start gushing over the characters and discussing the plot. However, I realized that everything else I have to say could possibly spoil something or take away from the overall experience of the story. Believe me, you don't want that! You owe it to yourself to experience this book in the way it was intended, and Vad and Corvina deserve no less! 


Spine-tingling, atmospheric, sexy, and macabre, Gothikana is gothic romance and dark academia in its finest form. It's a spooky smorgasbord of preternatural activity with surprises around every corner, and I sincerely hope Runyx gives us more of this world. Either way, she just got a brand new fan!  


Meet RuNyx



I'm an ancient soul trapped in a 26-year-old body. The phoenix is my spirit animal, books are my lifesavers, and words are my lifeblood.

I was born with stories in my veins. As far back as my memories go, story-telling has been a part of my life. 


I stumbled upon writing accidentally while going through severe depression. 


Writing became not just a means of expressing but also catharsis. Every single character and every single story became precious. It taught me to love, to live, and most importantly, it made me discover who I was.


Connect with RuNyx

Website | Newsletter | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Amazon Author Page | Goodreads | BookBub    Facebook Reader Group


Hosted By:

2 comments

  1. Hey Jess! I'm glad this story gave you all you were looking for and more. Fab review! 💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nat! ❤ I absolutely loved it!

      Delete