New Release with Review: Sweet Dandelion by Micalea Smeltzer

March 27, 2020





 Angst 
✔ Slow Burn 
✔ Forbidden Romance (Student/Guidance Counselor) 

"Sexy, steamy, emotional, angsty, and so true to the times we live in. An absolutely amazing forbidden romance by Micalea Smeltzer." - B. Celeste, Author of The Truth About Heartbreak

Dandelion Meadows is cursed.
Horrible name.
Horrible luck.

At eighteen she should be headed off to college, all smiles and naivety.
Instead, a victim of a school shooting, she’s starting her senior year in a new city and living with her brother.
Nightmares of that terrible day haunt her, affecting her daily life and the relationships around her.
Forced to meet with the school counselor, Dani finds him chipping away at the walls she’s built around herself, and even her heart.

Lachlan Taylor doesn’t know what to make at first of the broken student he’s tasked with helping. She’s survived a trauma he’s not sure he can save her from, but he knows he has to try.

The more time they spend together, the more they learn about what it really means to live.

Some things are forbidden.
Some things are necessary for survival.

Their love is both. 




20200326_233127.png

I don’t know what it is about forbidden romance, but it always calls to us like a moth to a flame. We crave the excitement of knowing that a forbidden relationship is in the works, the passion is looming like a roaring flame and sooner or later, we will get heartbroken. But what do we do? We savor the story instead because deep down, we know that it’s going to be worth it.

“You can only fight gravity for so long and the two of us have been falling together from the start"

Eighteen year old Dandelion meadows has been through hell for the past year. Now attending a new school and under the guidance of her older brother, she’s trying her best to move on and get back some kind of normalcy in her life. Speaking to a counselor everyday is a first step and she knows that as much as it’s painful, she has to try. What she was not expecting was to feel a kindred spirit for the man whom she’s going to be sharing an hour of her time with. They say you can’t help you fall in love with and that saying has never been more true for Lachlan and Dandelion.

181022-dandelion-full.gif

I have thought a lot about what I wanted to see in this review and I’ve come to the conclusion that what whatever I write, will not do this story justice. No words can capture the love that was literally seeping through the pages of this book, I cant explain to you the way my skin felt heated one minute and was filled with goosebumps the next because of THAT love. It’s unexplainable and I cannot capture the beauty of something as amazing and pure and passionate as their love.

10923346.gif

What first drew me to this book was of course reading the blurb and if you follows my reviews, then you know that I get straight up weak in the knees for forbidden romance and that is not going to change any time soon. I knew what I was diving into and I was more than prepared for that but was not expecting to fall head first for every single one of these characters. This story was written as a forbidden romance should be: slow burn, passionate, witnessing these characters slowly falling for each other, and battling their own struggles at the same time. They were not perfect by any means and I’m glad that this author never glossed over their flaws and she took her time showing us all of their sides which was perfect for me.

I will admit that the story is a bit long and certain parts did drag on a bit for my liking but overall, this became by far one of my favorite reads of the year and I’m now a life long fan of this author. If you love a slow burn romance that will guarantee to give you ALL of the feels, this is your book!



Post a Comment