Review Blitz: A Lovely Obsession by Coralee June

February 12, 2020


🔥🔥 NEW RELEASE 🔥🔥

A LOVELY OBSESSION by CoraLee June is LIVE and FREE in KU!

What a thrilling, twisted, and tantalizing tale CoraLee June weaves.A Lovely Obsession is a BANG-UP BOOK that blazes with fire, burns with angst, and bleeds beauty. So INTENSE and INTOXICATING. This tale was my DRUG and I could not take enough hits of this HEADY HIGH. My heart raced the whole time reading. I was UTTERLY ADDICTED to the captivating characters and pulse-pounding plot.” ~Bookalicious Babes


My guardian angel is a devil in disguise.
He hates me. He protects me.
He watches me.
My stalker is obsessed with keeping me safe. He calls me his prettiest debt.
An assassin in the notorious Bullet gang, he uses his empire to control my life. Everything I know is a lie.
What started as a debt turned into something more. What started as regret turned into obsession.
Ambition is his muse and I am his conscience. Our past may bind us together, but his enemies will tear us apart.
My guardian angel is a devil in disguise.
He hates me. He protects me.
And I think I love him.




Coralee June, that ending was not very nice! Lol Luckily, this is a duet, so I was prepared for anything. I'll forgive you this time, because aside from that, this book ticked a fuck ton of my boxes. 


There's a broody, broken, stalker hero, a fiesty heroine, great sexual tension, steam, suspense, mystery, violence, and a whole lot of angst. Couple that with an amazing writing style, a romance I can get behind and root for, "found family," and solid friendships, and you have successfully won me over. 



From prologue to epilogue, this story had me completely captivated. I loved the gradual buildup between Hunter and Roe and the  mystery surrounding Hunter's past that left him indebted to someone to keep Roe safe. I flew through the pages dying for answers, and when I finally got them, I still wasn't ready for the story to end. Thankfully, there's more, and I don't have to wait very long to get it. Book 2 comes out March 2nd!


A Lovely Obsession is obviously an enjoyable read with an awesome storyline, but the characters are what made the book for me. I loved the relationship between Roe and Mack, Mack and Hunter, Roe and her friends, and Roe and Hunter. Every last one gave me the feels and made me emotional at points. I love it when I can feel the connection between all of the characters and not just the main couple. The author did a great job in that regard. 



That being said, Hunter and Roe are my favorites, as they should be. They do all the right things to my heart and my panties! 😏 The chemistry between them is palpable, and I love the way they slip past each other's defenses. 


Sure, their relationship is complicated with their pasts, Hunter's secrets, and Roe's suspicions and fears. Both of them are shattered on the inside and hate feeling vulnerable to anyone else, but that's the beauty of the two of them together. They can relate to each other's pain and relieve it at the same time. 


Hunter needs someone to heal his emotional scars, and Roe is the perfect woman for the job. If he doesn't pull his head out of his ass and let her, I'm going to go to fictional jail for murdering him. Roe needs healing too, and Hunter breaking through her walls the way he does shows me that he's already doing the job. I can't wait to see where everything goes from here and how they finally come together in the end. 


Romantic suspense fans, this one's for you! 

START READING TODAY!
 

PREORDER A LOVELY CONFESSION (book 2 releases 3/2/20):



The author is giving away a $100 Amazon GC on her author page. Stop by to enter! https://www.facebook.com/AuthorCoraleeJune/


Coralee June is an international bestselling romance writer who enjoys engaging projects and developing real, raw, and relatable characters. She is an English major from Texas State University and has had an intense interest in literature since her youth. She currently resides with her husband and two daughters in Dallas, Texas, where she enjoys long walks through the ice-cream aisle at her local grocery store.

Follow CoraLee June!

   

Post a Comment