Sonya's weekend recs

February 5, 2016

Hello my lovely book lovers!!

This week's book recs are going to blow you away. Whether you pull you're hair out, cry in frustration or laugh so hard you literally snort, these two books will make your weekend that much better. First up is "Sincerely Carter" by Whitney G.Williams. I'm a HUGE friends to lovers romance fan and this book nailed it.It was hilariously funny,sweet and it had the perfet amount of sexiness to it without going overboard. Carter was the epitome of a book bf and I loved his love for Arizona and their unbreakable bond.

Blurb

Friends. We’re just friends. No, really. She’s just my best friend...

Arizona Turner has been my best friend since fourth grade, even when we “hated” each other. We’ve been there for one another through first kisses, first “times,” and we’ve been each other’s constant when good relationships turned bad. (We even went to colleges that were minutes away from each other…)

Throughout the years, and despite what anyone says, we’ve never crossed the line.

Never thought about it. Never wanted to.

Until one night changed everything. At least, it should’ve ...

Just friends. We’re just friends. I’m only saying this until I figure out if she’s still “just” my best friend…

Now my number one weekend rec is........... "Bang" by E.K. Blair. I've read my share of messed up books that says prepare to be mind f*cked but this book right here? It was the very definition of that. After reading this nearly two years ago, I still can't sleep well and I get flashbacks. This is NOT your typical romance story guys. This book will leave you completely wrecked and questioning your morals! You just need to leave it at the door and be prepared to get SCREWED. You think you know what's going to happen in this story? That you're going to be left unscathed once it's over? THINK AGAIN.
Blurb

They say when you take revenge against another you lose a part of your innocence. But I’m not innocent. I haven’t been for a very long time. My innocence was stolen from me. Taken was the life I was supposed to have. The soul I was born with. The ruby heart embedded in a life full of hopes and dreams.

Gone.

Vanished.

I never even had a choice. I mourn that life. Mourn the what-ifs. Until now. I’m ready to take back what was always meant to be mine. But every plan has a fatal flaw. Sometimes it’s the heart.

**Due to the dark and explicit nature of this book, it is recommended for mature audiences only as some scenes may be particularly disturbing.**

Post a Comment