REVIEW - HOPELESS VOWS BY RACHAEL DUNCAN

February 24, 2016


27996744


It was a modern take on an arranged marriage that was supposed to lead to my happily ever after. The rules were simple: 
1. Marry a complete stranger chosen for you by professionals.
2. Live together as man and wife for eight weeks while cameras record your every move.
3. Make a decision to stay together or get a divorce.

Call me crazy, but I had complete faith in the process, until I saw who was waiting for me at the end of the aisle.
Austin James has never met me, but that doesn’t mean I don’t know him. With no other choice, I say my vows and pray I can make it through the next eight weeks. Then I’ll leave. What

connects us is my best kept secret, and I’ll protect it at all costs even if that means walking away from the only person I’ve ever cared about.

4.5 HOPEFUL STARS!!!


HOLY SHIT! I LOVE THIS BOOK LIKE SOOOO DAMN LOVE IT!!!
You see, I read this book blind, I didn't even know who Rachael Duncan is but holy shit I regret not reading the book sooner because seriously this book is the shit! I never thought I needed a box of Kleenex for this book. I mean seriously??I thought I just have read an easy going read based on the blurb and so is the the title but hell!! What awaits me??? Not what I expect. 
I'm not gonna go on into thorough details, the blurb says what's in it. Both leads  joined a reality show " First Comes Marriage" - A modernized arranged wedding / marriage. An unconventional process to look for your fate and living it up through the experts match making. After eight weeks they'll gonna decide to continue their relationship or go through with the divorce. Huh!! who does that by the way??? But hell if I say I did not like it because I do love it. At first I thought it was cute.. I was so addicted right from the start. It was a fun read all the same. And I was sooo in love with the characters. But then  I was curious then I was thrown into that twist I never saw coming. When there they thought everything is smooth or so it seems came barging in the past .The past that changed it all!!! Urgghhhhh I just soooo hate how it happened!! I mean that was fast!!! I was not prepared. My heart was racing and my eyes were leaking as if I'm the female lead. I feel every emotion!!! 
And Oh Rachael Duncan.. I hate you!!! I hate you because you gave this sweet story a different twist that made my heart aches. Made me broken like my heart was ripped into two. What a great story you just delivered!!! And you know what I hate too??For the first time, I read a book that I hate the female lead's best friend, like I wan to strangle and punch her because she's that kind of a b*tch. Arghhhh.. I hate you but I love you!!!
Overall, really this book is a must read!!! At the end, I can say, there really is no hopeless vows...

Wanting to get the focus off of me, I ask, “What about you? Why did none of your past relationships work?”

He stares straight into my eyes and says, “Because they weren’t you. I was looking for you my whole life and never knew it.” He doesn’t blink, his stare unwavering as he sears his declaration into my mind.

“Nice line.” He’s making me uncomfortable, putting me on edge and getting closer than I’d like.

“It’s not a line. I believe everything happens for a reason, and I believe my other relationships failed so that they’d lead me to you.”

Fate. Is that what this is?
No, it’s karma being a bitch. He doesn’t know what I know. If he did, he wouldn’t be spilling this poetic bullshit about us being destined for each other.
Rachael Duncan is an Army wife to her amazing husband, Steven, and mother to their beautiful daughters, Natalie and Zoe. She grew up in Nashville, Tennessee and went off to graduate from the University of Tennessee with a bachelor's degree in political science. With initial plans to work in politics, she moved to Washington, D.C. and worked on Capitol Hill for a House Representative. After a short time, she realized it wasn't for her and began pursuing other careers until she started writing. She's author of Tackled by Love and The Lies and Truth Duet.

Post a Comment