REVIEW: WALK THROUGH FIRE by Kristen Ashley

November 13, 2015


24199806
Millie Cross knows what it's like to burn for someone. She was young and wild and he was fierce and even wilder-a Chaos biker who made her heart pound. They fell in love at first sight and life was good, until she learned she couldn't be the woman he needed and made it so he had no choice but to walk away. Twenty years later, Millie's chance run-in with her old flame sparks a desire she just can't ignore. And this time, she won't let him ride off...
Bad boy Logan "High" Judd has seen his share of troubles with the law. Yet it was a beautiful woman who broke him. After ending a loveless marriage, High is shocked when his true love walks back into his life. Millie is still gorgeous, but she's just a ghost of her former self. High's intrigued at the change, but her betrayal cut him deep-and he doesn't want to get burned again. As High sinks into meting out vengeance for Millie's betrayal, he'll break all over again when he realizes just how Millie walked through fire for her man... 

★★★3.5 Stars ★★★


 photo PicsArt_11-04-05.12.11_20151109094507619_zpshz2r40tq.jpg
"Everyone's got and endless capacity for love.Which means everyone's got the shot at receiving an endless supply of love". 
First off biker books are my thing.I don't know what it is about them, maybe it's the "I don't give a damn" attitude or that swagger when they're on their bikes, or the brotherhood of "the club".Whatever it is,I LOVE IT so when I saw that this book was getting a lot of buzz I just couldn't help myself and I dove right in.
Millicent "Millie"Cross found the love of her life twenty years ago at a party.Logan "High" Judd was that person and for three years they were everything to each other.Planning their future,basking in their love and wanting to start a family as soon as they could,life couldn't be more perfect.Until Millie suddenly leaves him with no explanation for twenty years.
Logan has two loves in his life.His daughters.Recently coming off of a divorce,he's trying to create a stable environment for his girls which includes finding a new place and no more drama.What happens when the only woman you've ever loved suddenly walks back into your life after all these years.DRAMA!!
 photo PicsArt_11-07-11.02.22_zpsmkcwfgvl.jpg
I have to say that I really enjoyed the first half of this story.I loved Millie and High's interaction with each other and I truly felt bad for Millie.I understood High's aggression towards Millie because even though he was still angry,he really still cared about her.Feelings like that don't just go away no matter how many years have passed.I also loved the fact that this story was about an older couple and we got to see how they fell in love with each other back then.
"Loved you then. Love you now. Never quit lovin you in a way I know I never will you were it for me, the only one, the only woman I ever loved, and you never quit bein it." 
What I didn't like: Millie's reason for leaving.I completely understood her sacrifice but I think that it was uncalled for especially if she really loved Logan that much.I wished that she would've just told him to save them both all of the heartache."The club" being extremely nasty to Millie in the beginning and quite frankly it felt very high school.Last but not least, a certain character that I wanted to shake and smack the hell out of.
Overall rating: 3.5 Stars.
First half 4 stars.I wished the entire book was like that but unfortunately the minute it took the 50% mark,it started going down hill for me and I became bored.I didn't read the previous books in this series but I felt like this story stood on it's own and I appreciated that.

Post a Comment