REVIEW: THE FALL UP BY ALY MARTINEZ

November 13, 2015

26083339

I wanted to jump.
He made me fall.
As a celebrity, I lived in the public eye, but somewhere along the way, I’d lost myself in the spotlight.
Until he found me.
Sam Rivers was a gorgeous, tattooed stranger who saved my life with nothing more than a simple conversation.
But we were both standing on that bridge for a reason the night we met. The secrets of our pasts brought us together—and then tore us apart.
Could we find a reason to hold on as life constantly pulled us down?
Or maybe there’s only one direction to go when two people fall in love at rock bottom—up. 

★★★★4 Falling Stars★★★★

 photo PicsArt_10-24-10.37.14_zpsjnhhbbcj.jpg

" Every single day felt like a terrifying free fall with no particular direction. I was stuck in the middle with no way up-or down." 

Every once in a while a book comes along that gets a lot of buzz and when I jump on the bandwagon,I end up being not so enthusiastic about the book.Thankfully this did not happen and as soon as the story ended,I had the biggest smile on my face.
Levee Williams is a famous pop star.Everyone knows and loves her but she has this cloud hanging over her that she just can't seem to get away from.She finds herself sitting on the San Francisco Bridge for the past three nights contemplating.What is the purpose of her life,how can she be a better person and why is she so depressed,that she keeps coming back to that bridge.On her third night, she meets Sam Rivers and life as she knows will change forever.
 photo 1446053486729_zpsaq12e3v3.jpg
Sam Rivers has suffered not one but two tremendous loss in his life and he likes to go to the bridge to be reminded of that loss.Is it healthy for him to do it? No. But his reason changes when he sees the same girl that's been there and he finally gets the nerve to talk to her.Two unlikely people who would have never met before suddenly has this unbreakable bond and it was very touching to see that.
"My life was fine. My job was fine. My house was fine. My love life was fine. God, I was sick of fucking fine. I needed something- anything- to be be great". 
Their relationship was not an easy one and even though at the beginning it was somewhat of an instalust, I wasn't bothered with it.That really says something because I HATE insta love/lust but the way this author portrayed it, it felt natural and genuine.
 photo 1445816642376_zpsj4fo7ugw.jpg
Sam was the epitome of an awesome hero.He was funny,smart,sexy and caring.I loved his interactions with his friends and family but most of all, I loved him with Levee.He was there when it mattered, friendly when she needed it,and loving when she craved it.And don't get me started on the photo album(*swoon).

" I'd claimed her. And, in turn, she owned me.

It was almost as exhilarating as it was terrifying.
Almost."

I highly recommend this story and for everyone to meet Sam Rivers.

Post a Comment