REVIEW: BENEATH THESE SCARS BY MEGHAN MARCH

November 16, 2015

25682897
I’m the guy you love to hate. 
In every story in my life, I seem to end up playing the villain—and I’ve got the scars to prove it.
That role works fine for me, because I’m sure as hell not anyone’s hero. 
I run my life and my empire with an iron fist—until she knocks my tightly controlled world off its axis.
She’s nobody’s damsel in distress, but I can’t help but want to save her anyway.I guess we’re about to find out if there’s a hero buried … beneath these scars.


★★★★3.5 Stars★★★★

"I'm the guy you love to hate" 

Lucas Titan is a arrogant self-righteous asshole.He knows it and he's okay with being that way.Having a bad childhood that left him him scarred emotionally and physically will do that to you and he makes no apologies for it.He runs his own empire with an iron-fist and whatever he wants,he gets.That includes Yvonne Santos.

This woman pushed all my buttons,taunted me,challenged me,mocked me. And the perverse son of a bitch that I was,wanted more. 

Yvonne is finally starting to get her life back on track after escaping her abusive ex.She likes the simplicity aspect of her role and all she wants to do is own the clothing store "Dirty Dog"where she's been an employee for the past couple of years.Getting a loan is not going to be easy but Yvonne is focused and nothing or no one is going to mess with her safe comfortable boring life.
Enter Lucas Titan

"She didn't have to like me to fuck me;she just had to want me more than she hated me." 

I loved the push and pull between Lucas and Yve even though sometimes I really wanted Lucas to shut the hell up but it worked for them .They started out hating each other or should I say Yvonne hated Lucas and then they became lovers.Add in a crazy ex who just got released from jail,friends trying to interfere with the start of a new romance,a dirty talking alpha male who has scars that rivals her own and you've got yourself an interesting story-line.

Post a Comment