REVIEW: UNTIL JAX by Aurora Rose Reynolds

November 13, 2015

25234004
Ellie Anthony isn’t looking for love. She isn’t even looking for a man, but when Jax Mayson insists on keeping her and her daughter safe, she’s left with no choice but to trust him. Now she just hopes she doesn’t get hurt when she falls hard for a guy who’s known for breaking hearts. 
Jax Mayson knows that Ellie is his BOOM the moment he sees her. When he finds out she has a daughter, he realizes he wants a family, and he will do whatever is necessary to keep both of his girls safe, even if that means facing the demons from his past. 

4 BOOM STARS

(TRIGGER WARNING:  THIS BOOK DEALS WITH KIDNAPPING AND ABUSIVE RELATIVES.)

“Love isn't always what we want, but it's always what we need.”

So... I know what I'm getting myself into when I read an Aurora Rose Reynolds book. LOTS OF ALPHA HOTNESS. Fast-pace, sexy times, insta-love, a bunch of drama and a bossy, possesive, manwhorish hero with abs and a growling problem. AND I LOVE IT. I don't care that her stories are always over-the-top. I'm expecting it, and I embrace it wholeheartedly.

“How the hell are you supposed to survive, when the part of you that you need to live is walking around outside your body?” 

Ellie is a single mom. She has just been through something traumatic, and Jax is there for her. She doesn't know him, but he's so sweet to her and her daughter, she can't help but feel attracted to him. 
CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOPE AND JAX ? Man, that was so sweet. I want my own Jax and Hope. And chocolate chip pancakes.
The only things I didn't like were how Ellie always went on and on about her daughter being the most important thing in her life, but she didn't hesitate to leave her with Jax's mom, which she's known for all of... a day. I wouldn't leave my child with someone I've just met!

“The first time I saw you, my world stopped,” he says, catching me off guard, and my gaze goes to his. “Nothing else existed but you, and then it stopped again when I held Hope for the first time. And since that moment, there have been a million pauses, each one giving me something beautiful to remember,” 

Although this book is the first in the Until Him series and can be read as a standalone, I recommend reading Until July (Until Her #1) first, to understand better Ellie's ( the heroine) story. I also recommend reading Until Lilly, since it gives us Jax's back story.  I always wondered how Jax turned out, specially after everything he went through as a kid, and how his relationship with his biological mother and with Lilly developed.

“Devour life without chewing, and pray that you don’t choke” 

Can't wait for the next books in the Until world! Aurora teases her readers like no other... I want to see what comes next sooo bad :)

Post a Comment