Book Review: Tortured Whispers by Danielle James

November 9, 2019

Tortured Whispers by Danielle James

img_4348
Note from the Author: This is a dark taboo love story only for the open minded and brave of heart.
If you are squeamish or draw a hard line at strong themes, this book may not be for you, and that’s okay.

Brooklyn...
Drowning in plain sight while everyone can see you is terrifying. But more than anything it’s lonely. And sometimes withstanding the weight of being alone is worse than anything.
The only thing that helped me cope was cutting. Sinking a razor into my arm over and over pushed air into my lungs even though it hurt me in the long run. It was the only way I could breathe.
Until I found him.
He wasn’t supposed to ever be mine and my sick mind wasn’t supposed to look at him the way I did. Like he hung the moon and the stars. But he made me float And floating felt so much better than drowning. I never wanted to leave his side once I realized he was the reason I could finally breathe again.
I knew the world would try to pull us apart. I knew the demons inside of me would try to sabotage our love around every corner… I knew our minds were warped for wanting to be together… We were vile. Immoral. Sin personified. But I was willing to slay every demon and heal every cut if it meant I could be with him.



I just finished reading Tortured Whispers and let me tell you, this story hooks you right from the start. If I could explain every emotion that I'm feeling after reading this fantastic, highly emotional, relatable read, I wouldn't be able to put those feelings into words!

This is all I can give you because I'm in a serious book hangover!

It is so beautiful.
It's moving.
It is so powerful.
It is so raw.
It is so real.
It is so honest.
It speaks so many volumes.
It is a story that will open your eyes.

Brooklyn deals with real-life issues that not many people talk about. Her story grips at your heart, pulls at your soul, and makes you feel, like really feel. What she goes through, what she deals with, and how she handles it... my goodness! I can relate on a whole different level.

She struggles so much with herself, in a personal and social setting. She struggles with depression, with anxiety. And Yet her strength shines through and as you continue to read, you will see that. You will see how she progresses. She has small steps backs and even bigger triumphs! I couldn't help but admire her for trying.

Even if you don’t deal with depression, anxiety, self-harm, etc. Tortured Whispers will shake you to your core! It's much more than a taboo romance, it's real life.

This book will stay with me for years to come. It's evoked emotions that I've buried deep inside, it consumed me when I was done (in the best way possible!)

This is a must fucking read!

Thank you, Danielle James, for sharing Brooke and Caesar’s story, for giving your characters strength, depth, and raw, real, and relatable emotions that anyone who reads can feel.

James is a definite one click-author for me and I can't wait to continue to read what she comes out with next!

Five Dreamy Stars: 💫💫💫💫💫

Post a Comment