Book Review: The First Lights by Christy Pastore

November 9, 2019

The First Lights by Christy Pastore

*Note: I am fully aware that the author has a new cover for this book, but this is the old cover as I wrote this review back in January 2019.

img_4347
Hannah 
One minute we were a family of four—then, in the blink of an eye, half of my world was gone.
Nearly two years after I received the phone call that changed my life forever, we’re living in a new town and facing new opportunities.
All I want is to be a strong parent for my son and build a good life. I’m still fighting to figure out how to be okay. Falling for someone? Not in the cards for me. I had my happily ever after.
Until he appears.
One look from the ex-NFL player turned high school football coach brings my soul to life. But the man tests my patience with his arrogance. He knows how to manage his players and his students, but he needs a major ego adjustment.
Every night when my eyes close, I tell myself there’s no way I’ll fall for Wyatt Hamilton, I can’t . . . he’s my son’s new coach.

Wyatt 
She’s the last thing that I expected. But I’m drawn to her.
When she stepped onto my field with her long sexy legs, arms covered in tiny geometric tattoos, dark hair and her perfect kissable lips—she stoked a fire inside me. I never dreamed that I’d feel that spark again.
Hannah Richman understands my anguish and emotional turmoil, because she’s been through the same hell.
Wanting her is taboo—forbidden. She’s the mother of one of my students.
No matter how much I crave her . . . there’s no way I can have her, it would be inappropriate.
We’re about to redefine that word.



The First Lights hit me with all the feels! 

This book gripped my heart, made me want to cry all the tears, made me smile, and there were moments that I couldn't help but laugh! It's definitely a book that I can appreciate on the sweeter side of romance! It didn't have too much over the top drama, which made it all the more enjoyable! Christy Pastore truly blew me away with this one and let me tell you why...

Wyatt and Hannah definitely have been through so much as individuals. They connected through both losing their first love, which is what broke my heart into a million pieces! But the connection they shared was so raw and real and full of hope and new beginnings! The way they were able to heal together and move forward held so much depth and they grew in that strong foundation of love together.

The stories they shared with one another, their tragic pasts, their mutual pain and their fears... It was beautiful to watch it all unfold into something so beautiful. And let me just add, with that hint of forbidden romance that Pastore snuck in, I couldn't loved this book even more than I already do!


Wyatt is every bit of book boyfriend worthy and he just made my heart swoon! He was sweet, caring, and attentive while also being a protective, possessive alpha male! I couldn't get enough of him! 

“When I make my move, there won’t be any question.”

This sealed the fucking deal for me!! 

Hannah is the type of heroine I'd love to be best fucking friends with! She's a totally badass with her tattoos, feisty and so bold with a mouth full of comebacks, and loving nurture as a mother! 

This book hit all the points for me: 

Second chance romance ✔️
Sweet AND hot af alpha male ✔️
Sassy and strong heroine ✔️
AND LOKI, the cutest dog ever 🐶 ✔️

Overall, I loved this book and everything from the cover, to the blurb, to the words that filled the pages! If you're into the sweeter side of romance and love a second chance with a light dose of forbidden-ness, I highly recommend this book! 

Five Dreamy Stars: 💫💫💫💫💫

Post a Comment