Book Review: A Fine Mess (Over the Top #2) by Kelly Siskind

August 2, 2016






Some guys should come with a warning label . . .


Sawyer West is Mr. One-Night Stand. He doesn't do relationships or promises or feelings. He's never cared enough to get involved. Until Lily Roberts. She's sweet and shy and sexy as sin, and resisting her is testing his self-control. She believes Sawyer can be a better man, and for the first time in his life, he wants to be. But change isn't easy, and Sawyer would do anything to protect Lily from his past self. Even break his own heart . . . 







4.0 "AWESOME SUPERHERO" STARS!!!


"The right person in your life is meant to bring out the best in you, the other parts otherwise hidden.
...Parts yet to be explored." 



Kelly Siskind has done it again! Sawyer and Lily's story is fun, witty, heart warming, gut wrenching and tummy fluttering that made me captivated from the very first page up to the last.



A Fine Mess is the second book of Over The Top Series by Kelly. I have been waiting for this book to be out since I have read the first installment (Shay and Kolton's Story) because, 



1. I love Kelly's writing
2. Her characters are great.
3. Sawyer's character which is in reference to # 2, is quite amusing and his awesomeness and childish acts added with his charisma really GOT me;
4. Lily's character which again in reference to # 2 is quite intriguing and I am so damn curious about her since the first book; and 
5. Add up #'s 1 to 4, and you'll have a blast!



Indeed, when you read the book, you will be thrown to a roller coaster ride. Yes it's true that the story is light hearted with a deep issue but make no mistake as this is not your ordinary romance story. Sure, it was a fun story that with all Sawyer's antics we all know about him since we met him in My Perfect Mistake,he's the group comedian after all; But more than that lies a great history yet to unfold. He's not just the one though, Lily for instance is not just our designer extraordinaire, just like Sawyer, more than their talent and their passion lies issues so deep that even through their happiness.. even if means broken heart and letting go, no seconds thoughts is needed just to protect the person they love.



"It's one thing to tell you what I do, another for you to see it. I'm worried you'll look at me differently, that you wont feel the same. I still need to face my issues, but I don't want to lose you, too." 



I can go over to the details though, but I believe this is better read. What I can tell you though is how beautiful this story of trust, acceptance, friendship and love is. Sawyer and Lily's relationship from friends to being "friends" until it blooms to be so much more is just a wonderful thing to read. I cannot count the times I chuckled, snorted and even laugh out loud with their banters and Sawyer's mind boggling ideas of his super hero inner antics and his superhero wishes. His simple and alpha ways to Lily is worth swooning. I even cried to some scenes because it really just touched me so much I just said to myself "this right here is the very reason why love is the most precious thing". Their journey of life and love is really worth the read. 



And it doesn't just stop there you know, Kelly Siskind really knows romance at it's finest. Oh, I just had a female version of blue balls. She really could write up something so fun yet so beautiful with touch of romance and steamy scenes not overly written but artistically done you wanted more. 



To sum it up, really the book is good and worth reading. Issues and story line may not be for everyone but I really recommend it. It's a good story.



" I'm Superman. The Flash. Green Lantern. Daredevil. Captain America. 
I am Sawyer West, forever owned by Lily Roberts." 



Great job Kelly Siskind! Looking forward to the next book in the series!


THE OVER THE TOP SERIES
My Perfect Mistake, #1
A Fine Mess, #2

GRAB YOUR COPIES NOW

A small-town girl at heart, Kelly moved from the city to open a cheese shop with her husband in Northern Ontario. When she's not neck deep in cheese or out hiking, you can find her, notepad in hand, scribbling down one of the many plot bunnies bouncing around in her head.


She laughs at her own jokes and has been known to eat her feelings-Gummy Bears heal all. She's also an incurable romantic, devouring romance novels into the wee hours of the morning.


FOLLOW FOREVER ONLINE




Post a Comment