Review: The Bad Ones by Stylo Fantome

April 12, 2016

                      
                      Love isn't always bright and shiny.

Sometimes, it's dirty and wrong, buried six feet deep in a secret place where only wild things dare to go. Hidden behind a big black curtain that covers things no one should ever see.

Sometimes it happens between two people who should never be allowed to come together. One who is a match, and the other who just happens to be gasoline.

One strike is all it takes to burn the whole world down, and that's exactly what they plan on doing.

                              Even if it kills them.

warning: this book contains graphic sex, extremely brutal violence, bad language, and people repeatedly and knowingly breaking the law.


 photo 1459568533462_zpsugdfmjzi.jpg

"Are you scared of me?"

"No",

"I think you should be"
 


I went into this story knowing that these characters were pretty messed up and being the kind of girl I am, I couldn't wait to get inside their heads. They took crazy to a whole other level and I don't know whether to admire them for their don't give a shit personality or continue scratching my head because let's be real:Dulcie and Constantine has more than a few screw loose in that warped head of theirs.

 photo blood_PNG6074_zps6aqskism.png

Dulcie Travers is an unpopular Seventeen year old artist and photographer. She see things differently and from that she tries to capture it in her photography and drawings. When the star quarterback Contantine Masters crashes into her during school, she does something that ultimately seals her fate as being "His". Seeing a darkness inside of someone else other than herself has Dulcie not only conflicted, but scared. What will happen if they both give in to their dark desire? One fateful night changes that and that evil they both tried so hard to bottle up,finally unleashed.

"Falling in love with this chick would be easy, but surviving each other.....that's an entirely different story". 

Constantine Masters has it all. His father is the town Mayor,and he's rich and popular. But he always knew that there was something off about him. A hunger that he has managed to not growl has finally had enough and he wants nothing more than to induldge in all it's dark glory. Seeing Dulcie and realizing that they're the same person has made his hunger even more profound. And what do you do when you've been starving yourself? You EAT.

 photo blood_PNG6074_zps6aqskism.png

Three years go by and Dulcie is now an adult. She has a grownup job,good friends,and her life is simple. Seeing Constantine again after all these years has turn her into something she's tried so hard to contain. Will Dulcie and Constanstine give in to their weakness and set their town on fire,or will they end up killing each other in the process of trying to figure out who they were really meant to be. 

"Youre not the bad guy in this story," he whispered.

"And neither am I,"

"We are," "Both of us. We're the bad ones."Together".



This story took a while for me to get used to in the third person pov but I once started, I found that I wasn't bothered by it. This was a different read for me which I appreciated and I enjoyed seeing Dulcie and Constantine being bad with each other. And can I just say when those two get together?! HAWT!!. Now I did have a few issues with this story, incliuding the time jump. I didn't care for it all and even though I understood Constantine's reason, I wished it could've been done differently. Aside from that, I enjoyed this story and I wouldn't mind reading a novella about what happens after. 




Crazy woman living in an undisclosed location in Alaska (where the need for a creative mind is a necessity!), I have been writing since ..., forever? Yeah, that sounds about right. I have been told that I remind people of Lucille Ball - I also see shades of Jennifer Saunders, and Denis Leary. So basically, I laugh a lot, I'm clumsy a lot, and I say the F-word A LOT.

I like dogs more than I like most people, and I don't trust anyone who doesn't drink. No, I do not live in an igloo, and no, the sun does not set for six months out of the year, there's your Alaska lesson for the day. I have mermaid hair - both a curse and a blessing - and most of the time I talk so fast, even I can't understand me.

Yeah. I think that about sums me up.

Stalk her on facebook

https://m.facebook.com/stylofantomeauthor