REVIEW: WINTER by Marissa Meyer

December 8, 2015

Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.

Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won’t approve of her feelings for her childhood friend—the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn’t as weak as Levana believes her to be and she’s been undermining her stepmother’s wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that’s been raging for far too long.

Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters?

If it's possible to give more than 5 stars, I would! 
At 25% into it, I can't believe that I've read just a small
portion! There were already so many things that happened, much more happening, (and what I didn't know was there was) and a lot more to come! I was chastising myself for having my heart pumping loudly, smiling to myself in public, and staring for a few minutes into an abyss just because I was trying to digest a single line. Genius! It seemed like I can't read fast enough to know what happened next but I really needed a long time just do digest something (even a single sentence).
When the video of Cinder speaking showed in all the outside sectors of Luna, reading her speech gave me chills! Yes, goosebumps literally hived all over my body. I didn't know I could feel this way by reading a fictional speech of a fictional character!
When Maha Kesley bowed before Cinder and all the other people in sector RM-9 followed suit, I was in tears! You hear me, Marissa? Literal tears!
And finally, at 50% (Yes, all that happened before the middle of the book. I know, I couldn't believe it either) I actually believed Cinder had a chance (Okay no spoilers here but that was before I finished the book LOL) and she wasn't able to defend herself against Aimery and the other thaumaturges? I was heart broken. I was hoping for an HEA, but I thought I wasn't getting it by the way things were going with Cinder.
At 68.6%, when Kai was conversing with Konn Torin and he laid out his plans should Cinder lose the war against Levana? I fell for him even harder. He was so brave, so valiant, so courageous! Ahhhhhhh my heart <3 MY LOVE STRUCK EYES GOT EVEN MORE LOVE STRUCK (Yeah, if that was even possible)
I thought this book was going to be all about the crazy Winter. I have been expecting a different kind of story based on the ending of Cress and how she treated Scarlet. But now, I'm also tempted to call my friends by their names and appending it with -friend LOL This book was not entirely about Winter but it was a great ending to the series that contained books which revolved mostly on the girl that was the title of the book. :)
I loved how this book made me feel different things at the same time and consequently. I loved how the characters turned out. I loved the journey the whole series took me on. I love how Cinder developed from a measly mechanic who was invisible to becoming queen of Luna who was invincible. :) I love this series more than I loved The Hunger Games series though I couldn't help but compare them at first. They are alike, but then they're as different as can be. Sorry Suzanne Collins, my heart beats for Marissa Meyer now.

CINDERSCARLETCRESSFAIREST: REVIEW

Post a Comment