Review : Scared of Exposure by Jacqueline Abrahams

December 28, 2015

There are fairy tales, you know the ones, which end in happily ever after. Where the princess rides off into the sunset safely pinned to a majestic white horse by her gallant knight. Yes, there are fairy tales.
And then there's us.
New York is my fresh start, my third in as many years. A fresh start; with no assholes in my near future. That's right, you guessed it, two in as many years, assholes that left me with a very strict aversion to romance.
Then I met a guy, a guy who would force me to stay, not to run. A guy who I first encountered fucking someone else in a hallway. He was everything I wanted, and everything I didn't. He was beautiful, and beautifully frightening. And I was the princess that would mend his scars, erase them one by one, until he was whole again. Or so I thought.
Yes, ours is a fairy tale, but not one that you might expect...
★★★3 Stars★★★
Mirelle has had a rough couple of months. Deciding to move to Newyork to be with her boyfriend,she got one hell of a suprise when she caught him cheating. Thinking that nothing can possible get any worse, she leaves and heads back to her hometown to be with her sister. Only her sister is not there anymore and the childhood home that they grew up in? Gone. With barely any money, she takes the next bus and heads to LasVegas in search of finding something better.
Chayse has been struggling with the death of his girlfriend for quite some time and his coping mechanism has not been the best. Screw,drink,drink,screw,rinse and repeat. He's hurting but that's the only way he knows how to deal with his grief. Is it the best thing for him? No.But hey you live and you learn and all that comes to a screeching halt when he meets Mirelle.
I really liked how Mirelle and Chayse met. It was somewhat different and I liked their back and forth banter. I also loved that they took their time with each other and it didn't feel rushed. Their relationship came naturally and even though they were both struggling with their own demons,they brought out the best of each other.
This is the third book in the series but it can be read as a Standalone.

Post a Comment