REVIEW: REMY by Katy Evans

May 25, 2015

17830559Underground fighter Remington Tate is a mystery, even to himself. His mind is dark and light, complex and enlightening. At times his actions and moods are carefully measured, and at others, they spin out of control.Through it all, there's been one constant: wanting, needing, loving, and protecting Brooke Dumas. This is his story; from the first moment he laid eyes on her and knew, without a doubt, she would be the realest thing he's ever had to fight for.

SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST BOOK IN THE SERIES AHEAD.

PLEASE BEWARE THAT ENJOYMENT IS SUBJECTIVE. I GET WHY SOME PEOPLE HATE THIS SERIES, I PERSONALLY DON'T.

Could the writing have been better? Sure, but the truth is Remy's POV was awesome. He was a fighter in every aspect of his life and I felt for him. I LOVE HIM. More now, even more than when I first read Real.
There's something so raw and emotional about reading his struggles. AND THE LOVE HE HAS FOR BROOKE. I swear to you, it made me all mushy just from reading about it. He wanted Brooke to love him despite his faults and to be by his side through everything. I hurt for him.
“And then I imagine the look on her face when I tell her I’m bipolar.” 

I knew this was Remy's POV on the same story as Brooke, so I wasn't expecting anything new. I did however felt that the scenes where he was fighting his disease where really enlightening towards what he was feeling. I truly believe this book added a lot to the story, and I adore getting to know this sexy fighter a little more!

“I wanted a girl as perfect as Brooke, and instead, she gave me something I never knew I wanted: something perfect that looks like me.”



Post a Comment