Relase Tour: Cyanide by Ella Fields

August 26, 2017




Title: Cyanide
Series: Surface Rust #1
Author: Ella Fields
Genre: Contemporary Romance Standalone
Release Date: August 24, 2017



Heartless. Conceited. Shallow.
Three simple words to describe me. 
I had everything a girl could ask for, yet nothing I truly needed.
I'd made peace with who I was and the expectations set upon me long ago.
Only to have that peace shattered when a nameless hero rode into my world. 
I wasn't allowed to have him.
Too bad I never cared much for the word no.
Because I'd soon learn the hard way that too much self-indulgence could result in incurable consequences.















“We’re pretty hard to forget. Wanna know why? He licks my fluttering pulse,and I moan out a garbled, “No”. He hums. I’ll tell you anyway... because like any story that involves two people who fall in love, you’re my happy ending, and I’m yours.” 



Oh my god! This book was an evolution overload of every type of emotion you could ever imagine. I knew that going into this story was going to be different and I was ok with that, but what I didn’t factor in was me falling head first in love with these messed up characters. They were unbelievably flawed and some might even hate them, but they were REAL. And with a heroine like this one, I was certainly never bored. 

Most girls would kill to have their dream house and to be dressed in the latest designer clothes everyday for the rest of their lives and for a woman like Vera Bramston, she’s no different. Spoiled, rich, entitled, stuck up, you name it , and she’s heard it all before. To put it nicely, the girl has no damn filter and because of that little flaw, she’s now on a highway minutes away from being potential roadkill. But when she’s rescued by a mysterious sexy stranger who challenged her from the moment he laid eyes on her, Vera knows that she’s about to be in for one hell of a ride. 

Jared hasn’t had it easy over the past year. From having someone whom he thought he could have, to no longer having that option and running a business on his own, it has definitely been a whirlwind year for him. But little does he know is that his life is about to get even more crazier in the form of a raven haired socialite. When opposites attract, it’s hard to fight that kind of connection and for Jared and Vera, they’re both going to go down fighting but only for so long. Sexual tension and all. 





I must admit that when I first read the blurb for this story, I really thought that this was going to be a different kind forbidden romance and I was practically drooling with anticipation for it. But you know what? It wasn’t and I was more than ok with it because these characters held their own and then some! I’ve said this a million times before, if I hate a heroine, then I’m not going to like the book. 

Vera had all of the characteristics to be on my hated heroine list in the beginning but let me tell you, that girl made me feel EVERYTHING for her! Her b*tch o’meter was going through the roof sometimes and if you didn’t know her as a person, you would’ve been inclined to smack her but I freakin LOVED her!I loved all of her flaws and I know this might sound like a girl crush but I don’t care because my favorite thing, the best thing about her was her evolution and growth as the story progressed. Her connection with Jared, her inhibitions and self doubt is what made her human and seeing her go through that with someone like him and knowing that he never judged her, is what made this story. 

I could go on and on and tell you what else I loved about this story and what I didn’t like but then that would be like writing a book report and you don’t want that now do you? You want to know whether or not this story is worth taking a chance on. You want to know how we felt as we were enraptured in this emotional, raw, enthralling , effed up love story and what our view is on these complex characters. I could go on and on about this story… but I won’t. You just need to read it.




He moves to unzip his fly, and I snap into action, stopping him. Biting my lip, I reach down between us and do it myself then tuck my hand inside his black boxer briefs. My eyes never leave his, so I catch every reaction my touch elicits. His nostrils and eyes both flare when my hand finds his velvety length. Rock hard with pre-cum resting at the tip. I swipe my thumb over it, and he visibly shivers. Grinning, I squeeze him gently and start to move my hand up and down, loving the way his breathing turns ragged until he stops me. “Shit, you gotta stop, or this will be over real quick.” 

“Oh? What happened to all night?” I taunt. 
He leans in to nip my bottom lip, and my panties grow even wetter. “Frost”—he tsks—“this is only round one.” 
My breath hitches, but I try not to let any more surprise show and lift my thumb between us to my mouth, sucking his excitement from it and fluttering my lashes.
“Jesus fucking …” His mouth crashes into mine, rough hands tangle into my hair, and I hear the ting of my hair pins as they fall to the counter and floor.




Ella Fields is a mother and wife who lives in the land Down Under. While her kids are in school, you might find her talking about her characters and books to her two cats. She's a notorious chocolate and notebook hoarder who enjoys creating hard-won happily ever afters.

HOSTED BY:

Post a Comment