TOP FAVORITES OF 2017

January 3, 2018



It’s that time again, Chatterbabes! We’ve read A LOT of books in 2017 between the three of us. Some were good, some made us pull our hair out, while the rest gave us ALL the feels. So it’s pretty safe to say that this year definitely gave us something to talk about it. Without further ado……. here are our top favorites of 2017!!
I’m just going to come right out and say it: I freaking love me some bad ass alphas!! From their take no prisoners attitude and their ability to get down and dirty with no remorse, these men know exactly how to be the kings of their own castles.

                                             

                                               "Menace" by J.M Darhower

 I’ve read my fair share of messed up dudes that will have questioning a lot about yourself but this guy was in a class all by himself! Deemed as a sociopath and not giving a damn about anything but his business, imagine the surprise I had when I fell for him completely. His flaws were real, his humor was out of this world hilarious  and when it came to protecting what was his, he would’ve set the entire city on fire. I loved everything about this man and that is why he’s my favorite bad ass alpha.

Sonya💜
My Review | Amazon buy link



“Ruthless King" By Meghan March 

I’ve got two words for my chatterbabes: LACHLAN MOUNT. Just saying those words give me shivers! This guy came up and held me hostage for three unforgettable books! He was ruthless in ruling his Empire and Lord forbid you ever became stupid enough to cross him. He was sexy, daring, and held  just the right amount of threat to instill fear in everyone he crossed paths with so that is why he's going down as my favorite bad ass alpha.

💜Sonya💜
My Review  |  Amazon buy link



                                               “Ends Here" by M.Robinson

Pass me the wine!!! I have no clue if I was ever truly sober while reading this book. My goodness, my nerves were completely shot and I kept pulling my hair throughout the entire story. This was one of those reads that literally made you feel everything and trust me when I tell you, it will break you!! I can’t even articulate how emotionally messed up this book was but I loved every second of it!!!!!!  If you’re looking for an angst fest series, this one is for you.

Sonya💜
My Review | Amazon buy link



I can’t even begin to describe what this book was if I’m  being honest but I’m going to try. First off, this book was crazy. I’m not talking about the normal type of crazy where in certain situations you can let it go. No, this is NOT it. 


This book right here? Was FUCKING MENTAL!!!! You know the saying, “some people just can’t be fixed"? Yea……… this was it. It was deceiving, fantastically cunning, and I freaking loved it!! Still don’t believe me? Read the blurb. 

Blurb

When Fig Coxbury buys a house on West Barrett Street, it's not because she likes the neighborhood, or even because she likes the house. It's because everything she desires is next door: The husband, the child, and the life that belongs to someone else.

Sonya💜
Amazon buy link




"On The Way To You" by Kandi Steiner

Talk about all the feels!!!!! Have you ever read a book that made you ask yourself one important question? This book did it for me. I had no idea what I  was getting myself into when I started that first chapter, but I'm glad I read it because this book was powerful in it’s own right! You want to feel, this is it for you. You want emotional? Look no further because this has it in spades! I loved the journey that I was on while reading this and the one thing that I got out of it, was a million dollar question. “What makes you happy?”

Sonya💜








Badcock Tour is an outrageous romantic comedy full of action and over the top shenanigans with a brilliant twist! This book has amazing friendships, hot guys, crazy sex, and an abundance of hilarity! It also has a lot of cock, and I’m a big fan of cock, so no complaints here! Darcie, Lisa, and Jodi are lovable, fun, loyal, brave, batshit crazy bitches you will fall in love with immediately! They always have each other’s back and love each other fiercely. There’s no doubt that you will probably see you and your friends in these characters at some point, but even if you don’t, the cocksisterhood is a beautiful thing that you’ll be glad you got to experience. The Badcock Tour is an adventure worth taking, and if you decide to hop on this cocktrain, I know you won’t regret it!

Jessica💗 
Amazon Buy Link
 

Hitman or not, Conrad Mercer is a badass force to be reckoned with. He's ruthless, hot, protective, and according to Charlie, has a tongue of legend! Those that aren’t fans of push and pull will love Dark Protector. Conrad never wavers when it comes to Charlie. Once he falls for her, he never get scared and runs away. It makes sense when you think about it, because nothing intimidates him. Did I mention he is a total badass? I loved the way he was willing to lay down his life for Charlie without a moment’s hesitation. If this man doesn't make you swoon, I don't know who will!



Nate is Con’s best friend and devoted side kick possessing the uncanny ability to lighten any dark moment with just a few choice words. His quick wit and light hearted attitude put a smile on my face every time he entered the scene. Loyal, sweet, charming, absolutely hilarious, and an all around badass, Nate is one of the most amazing secondary characters I have ever encountered! In Nate, we got to see him in a different light. He is a boss now, and he has a girl. All the alpha behavior he exhibited in this one because of that just made him hotter than I already thought he was which I didn't even think was possible! 

I loved every moment that Nate and Conrad shared the page. The loyalty they have for one another is touching, and the banter between them is hilarious. The author did such a good job of creating these characters and the friendship they share that it feels real. I wish she would write a third book that put both of the couples together a few years down the road. I wouldn't miss that one for the world! Nate and Con are two badass besties I'll never forget!

Jessica💗 
Amazon Buy Link 

Public Service Announcement: Your heart may be aggressively removed from your chest upon completion of this novel.

War Poppy is a story about what war does to those left behind when their loved ones go off to war and don’t come back and what it does to those that experience it firsthand. We have all heard of veterans with severe PTSD or know someone that suffers with it personally, veterans that can’t ever leave the war fully, or ones that couldn’t bare living with what they experienced. It’s easy to think of those people when you read this book. The reality behind the fiction is what makes this so much more heartbreaking. If you pick this one up, I guarantee you that you will be left with an ache in your chest at the end, but that you will feel an even greater appreciation for those that sacrifice themselves for the rest of us. Powerful, raw, gritty, and painfully realistic, War Poppy is a story that will stay with you long after you read it!

Jessica💗



I've been wanting to read Pucked for a long time, and I'm so happy that I finally did in December! It was hilarious, sweet, and steamy af!! I devoured it any chance I got. It literally hurt me to put it down. I'm officially in love with Alex Waters AND Violet Hall! They have to be one of my favorite couples ever! If we had a Best Couple category this year, they would have won! The awkward, flirty banter between these two was amazing!! I wanted to highlight the whole book, because almost everything that came out of their mouth was gold! Viloet's obsession with Alex's monster cock and Alex's adoration for Violet's tits was everything! The only thing I didn't like about this book was that it ended! If you are a fan of sports romance, you can't go wrong with this one!


Jessica💗 
Amazon Buy Link 


Backstage Pass is my first read by Olivia Cunning, and I enjoyed it immensely! I've clearly been missing out over here! Hooolllyyy shit!! This book is hot af!!! I'm serious, guys! Prudes need to step away from this one! You will be fanning yourself in multiple places and praying your kindle doesn't catch fire! It's the hottest book I've read all year! My favorite thing about this one has to be the hero, Brian Sinclair. He is a gorgeous rock star with a big heart, a thick cock, and magic fingers! What's not to love? I also adored the band and the relationship they developed with Myrna. I can't wait to read more about each of them in the coming books! (P.S. I've already read the second book, Rock Hard, and I wouldn't be surprised if this series goes down as my Favorite Rockstar Romance series in 2018!)

Jessica💗 
Amazon Buy Link


Dominatrix strippers, three best friends, two unexpected romances, a rogue prosthetic, a wedding, and a duck?? If you think that sounds like one crazy story, then you would be absolutely right! I went in looking for love, comedy, and chaos, and I came out totally satisfied. If there is one thing I can promise you, it’s that you won’t read another book like Worth It this year...or probably ever!

Throughout the entirety of the book one crazy thing happens after another. There is pranks being pulled, body parts being exposed, and accidents galore! Kasha literally can’t stop showing her ass, her prosthetic has a mind of it’s own, and she is repeatedly attacked by members of the bird family. Davis gets new underwear, Henley gets a sore ass, the groom finds himself in deep shit, and Lydia drops the mic! If you want to understand exactly what I mean, you will have to read the book to find out! Hilarious, heartwarming, outrageous, and fun, reading this was totally worth it! 


Jessica💗 
 Amazon Buy Link
AND

Commander in Briefs is a novel that accomplishes so much more than a typical romance. The first lines lured me in, the story held me hostage, and the characters stole my heart. If I didn't know this was the author's debut going in, I would have never guessed it. Kristy's writing style is phenomenal, the characters are well developed, the story is unique, and the romance is hot! Not only is this Theo and Anniston's love story, it's also a story about friendship, unconventional family, and love for your fellow man. Congratulations to Kristy on a job well done and a debut novel she should be incredibly proud of!





Jessica💗 
Amazon Buy Link
 
 AND
 
I put off reading this until I couldn't anymore, because I didn’t want to say goodbye. Like all of its predecessors, This is the End, Baby is dark, twisted, fast paced, and scorching hot! The violence is delicious, the suspense will have you biting your nails, and the heartfelt moments might even make you tear up a little. This book had it all for me. I’m still holding out hope that K. Webster will take pity on us and create a series revolving around the kids, because I would love to hear their story. Can you imagine having Hannah as your mom? If this is the last book I ever get to read about these characters though, it was a damn good one, and it's the best series finale I read in 2017.

This is really the end, baby, but I’m glad I came along for the ride.

 The War & Peace series is responsible for beginning my obsession with this author’s work and dark romance in general. I have grown to love these deranged individuals as much as they have grown to love one another. They are a messed up bunch, but I wouldn’t change any of them. The complexity of their characters are what I love most about them. They all have some goodness in them…even the ones that are the most violent and mentally disturbed. At the same time, they all have a little bit of darkness. It makes every one of them relatable in some way, likable, and worthy of love, because we are all dark and light, good and bad, ugly and beautiful. This is not only my favorite dark romance series of 2017, but it's also my favorite dark romance series of all time. 
 


Jessica💗 
Amazon Buy Link

Bad Boss has everything you could want in an office romance and more! It’s forbidden, fun, and deliciously dirty, but it also incredibly well written with depth and emotion that will tug at your heart strings. The characters are complex, the story is captivating, and the sex is scorching hot! Being the perv that we all know I am, I especially love how diversified all of the steamy scenes are. Stella certainly knows how to keep it interesting! I love her for it, and I know you will, too! If you like the romance genre period, I recommend this book to you! Just go one-click this one right now. There is no way you will regret it!

Jessica💗 
Amazon Buy Link



Have you ever read a book that had you muttering wtf under your breath the whole time you were reading it? Well, this is one of those books! I didn’t know wtf was going on, who the fuck was doing it, or why the fuck they were doing it! Taken is incredibly intriguing, dark, and dirty which made it the perfect book for me! I love all things twisted, and this story is definitely that. There is plenty of blood, violence, voyeurism (unwanted), torture, and even some murder. The story enraptured me right away, kept me captivated throughout, and the end left me practically salivating for more! If you like your stories deliciously disturbing, dirty, and addictive, with cliffhangers that drive you mad with anticipation, I recommend this one to you!


Jessica💗 
Amazon Buy Link
AND

I am a huge Benny fangirl, so when I found out that K. Webster and Ker Dukey were writing a third book in the Pretty Little Doll series, I almost had a heart attack! I automatically started posting on social media and going on about it to anyone that would listen. (Sorry, family and friends!) As you may know, all of that excitement comes with the dangerous possibility of hyping something up so much that there is no way it can meet your expectations. I was a little nervous that I may have done that with this book, but if you are worried for the same reason I was, fear not! Pretty New Doll is EVEN BETTER than you could ever imagine! Everything about this book is just more. There is more blood, more violence, more insanely fucked up erotic scenes, more suspense, and best of all, more BENNY!! I put him on this list as best villain of 2017, but he's actually one of my favorite villains of all time! My sister told me when I described my love of Benny to her that I had really gone off the deep end this time. If I did, drowning feels wonderful!


Jessica💗 
Amazon Buy Link


Paige Fieldsted made a bold move with the subject matter of her debut novel, The Fantasy Effect. So often in books, the main characters stop themselves before they do something they can’t take back, or whatever mistake they do make is one that can be forgiven with a decent amount of intense groveling. In this story, the characters go beyond the point of no return. What they do is unforgivable in the eyes of most people, but that is actually what made me love it! Bravo, Paige! You did a spectacular job with this one! 


Jessica💗 
 Amazon Buy Link




Corrupt by Penelope Douglas is a hate to love romance with a little splash of darkness added to the mix. The writing is fantastic, the characters are complex, and the story is spellbinding! Michael and his friends do awful things to Rika to exact revenge on her for something that happened years ago. If there is one thing I love, it's a hate to love romance with an asshole hero! Throw in a few more asshole secondary characters, and I'm in heaven!! Everybody knows I'm a perv, so the highlight of this book for me was the menage scene. It was perfection!! One of the best I've ever read! I read it twice it was so good! I'm telling you...it deserves an award! Take my word for it, you NEED to read this book if you haven't already! Seriously, go one-click it right now! Thank me later.

Jessica💗 
 Amazon Buy Link


AND




Love, Passion, and Power: Part 2 by Whitley Cox is engaging, entertaining, heartfelt, and hot! If I had to tell you two things I enjoy most about this author’s work and this book in particular, it would the writing and the sex scenes. Lol Her writing is exceptional from the flow of one scene to another, to her descriptions, to the word choice…it’s all perfection to me. Now let me tell you about those steamy scenes! This woman has one spectacular imagination, an amazing sex life, or both! My kindle almost melted, people!! This is under hottest menage, but there is a hot foursome in here, too! That being said, don’t think this book is just a bunch of smut, because it’s not at all. The characters are multi-dimensional, the story is emotional, and the romance is heartwarming. I have enjoyed every book I've read of Whitley's to date, but this one is probably my favorite!

Jessica💗 
Amazon Buy Link


Why did I wait so long to read this book?! It is easily one of the best YA/NA romances I've ever read. I think I'm falling in love with Penelope Douglas, y'all. Her ability to write assholes that make you want to punch them in the face and fuck them at the same time is damn impressive! (In this case, Jared is in high school, so he's too young for me sadly. Thank God she writes adult romance, too. lol) I'm definitely continuing this series in 2018. Hell, I'm going to make it my mission to read everything she's ever written! If you haven't read this one yet, I have two words for you. DO IT!

 Jessica💗 
Amazon Buy Link



4 hot guys that work for hell preventing damned souls from getting out into in the world live together in a house haunted by a ghost that has no idea who or what she is. She doesn't remember being alive, and she doesn't remember dying either. After watching the guys for 5 years, they are finally able to see her when she uses powers she didn't know she had to save them. Instead of being grateful to her, the guys are immediately suspicious. It's not long before they realize that they are the only ones that can see her, and they have some sort of bond between them. We get trips to purgatory and hell, comedy, action, suspense, and steam!

The Dark Side series is unique, fun, hilarious, steamy, and every book leaves me dying to read the next! In case any of you don't know, Kristy Cunning is a pen name for C.M. Owens. I didn't even now she wrote RH, but I really hope she keeps it up! If you are a fan of paranormal reverse harem, this series is for you!

Jessica💗 
Amazon Buy Link


                               The Darkest Sunrise/The Brightest Sunset

This duet was  everything I was hoping for in a series. It was emotional, heartbreaking, humorous, and thought provoking. This was well written and highly addictive. From unimaginable losses, to finding love when you least expected it, this duet had it all.

Sonya💜
My Review | Amazon buy link


The Grip series by Kennedy Ryan is one of the most unique, thought provoking, poignant, and compelling romance series I have ever read. Flow began my love affair with these characters, Grip pulled me in deep, and Still consumed me completely!
The topics discussed in this series are extremely difficult, but they are real, relevant, and important. Grip and Bristol's story is one I will never forget, and I promise you that you won’t either.




Kennedy Ryan is one of the most talented authors I've ever had the pleasure of reading. Her words are like poetry. What she managed to do with this series, the awareness she is creating, the hearts she is touching and maybe even changing is nothing short of extraordinary, and that's why it was the obvious choice for Standout Series of 2017.


Jessica💗 
Amazon Buy Link

"Cyanide" by Ella Fields

I’ve always loved a strong female that could hold her own in any situation but when you have a woman who is naturally the most hated heroine? I fall in love!!! Vera Bramston was stuck up, spoiled, and rude with everyone that she ever had an encounter with and deep down she had a lot more flaws but she also had heart. She showed growth, the ability to love and a softer side with the one she loved. Vera wasn’t perfect inn any way, but her story was.

Sonya💜
My Review | Amazon buy link



                                             “Born Darkly" by Trisha Wolfe

                                  YASS YASS YASSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



This is by  far the BEST book I’ve read in 2017 hands down and this author deserves every recognition. I love going out of my comfort zone and from the moment I read the first chapter, I KNEW in my gut that this was going to be one of those stories that would change my reading experience in the future. The plot was  brilliant, the characters were deeply flawed and disturbing but you know what? That was the best part.  It was gritty, mind boggling, and the biggest wtf you could ever imagine.

 I seriously thought I was in the Looney bin throughout the entire story! I've never read anything like this and that's one of the reasons why I loved it so much because it was different. I entered into uncharted waters with this story and let me tell you, it was the best high you could’ve ever imagine.  This author is the one to watch for 2018 and I’m scared and excited at the same time to see what she’s going to come up with.

Sonya💜
My Review | Amazon buy link             

       AND




I could read L. J. Shen’s writing all day long. She has a way with words that few others do, and she gave me the most perfect asshole hero ever created, Barron Spencer a.k.a. Vicious. He's my Best Book Boyfriend of the year, and he's tied in the top spot for my best book boyfriend of all time.  



They say there is a thin line between love and hate, and Vicious and Emilia walked that line like a tightrope. Vicious’ touch made Emilia shiver with both repulsion and delight. When she challenged him, it pissed him off and turned him on with equal measure. Their heated glances contained both longing and disgust, and their verbal exchanges were laced with frustration, anger, and lust. All of these conflicting emotions made for some amazing sexual tension. In fact, everything about this book was amazing.





L. J. Shen firmly planted herself on my list of favorite authors with this book. The woman can write a complicated hero like no other. Vicious Spencer is broken, tortured, and cruel, and somehow she was able to endear him to me. Maybe it was the way he behaved as if nothing mattered to him, but deep down everything did. Maybe it was that he never allowed himself to be truly vulnerable except when he was with Emilia. I don’t know. All I know is that she did it with absolute perfection. His redemption was flawless. He changed and groveled just enough for you to fully love him without changing who he was completely and unrealistically.
The plot was perfectly paced and brilliantly executed, the writing was impeccable, and the characters were expertly crafted. All of those things coupled with the fact that I enjoyed this book more than any other book I read in 2017 is why it wins book of the year for me!




Jessica💗 
Amazon Buy Link


3 comments

  1. Thank you so much for reading and reviewing my books this year. I'm honored and humbled to be included among your favorites. Here's to an equally successful 2018. Hopefully I make the cut next year too. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so very welcome!! I had to include it! 😍 I hope 2018 is an amazing year for all of us! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to read Menace! Its right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete