INTERVIEW: LAURA BARNARD

August 26, 2015

QUICKFIRE ROUND: 

A) Do you believe yourself to be an outgoing or shy person?

Outgoing

B) What do you enjoy the most, salty snacks or sweet treats?

Sweet Treats

C) What do you prefer, TV shows or movies?

Movies

D) What's your favorite OTP?

If we're talking celebrities I'd say Adam Levine and his wife are beyond adorable.  The way he talks about her makes my heart melt.

E) What's your favorite book ?

Impossible question for me!  I have hundreds!

F) What's the last book you read?

It Aint Me Babe by Tillie Cole

QUESTIONS:

1) What's the most influential book you've ever read?

I think Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella.  It was the first adult book I'd read that really made me laugh out loud.

2) What made you want to write funny chick lit?

I think life is hard enough these days and we all want a light read that can make us forget everything and laugh over other people's lives.  It makes us feel better about our own!

3) What's your favourite genre to write and/or read?

Chick-lit, although I basically read anything that takes my fancy.

4) Dopey Women is your latest release. The blurb sounds original and unique. What was your inspiration /where did you find the idea for this book?

I was interested in creating desperation in women that would drive them to an illegal act.  I originally thought of con women, but then wrote in that Mags was suffering from breast cancer.  It just seemed like more of a natural progression for them to think selling weed to cancer patients wasn't the worst thing in the world to start doing.

5) Tease us! What are you currently working on?

I'm working on three books at the moment, which is frying my brain!  I'll be releasing a Christmas short story in November linked to the Debt & the Doormat series, then its to decide which out of the three takes priority.

6) We love stalking authors! Where can readers find you? 

I'm signing at Leeds, Liverpool, Essex and Dublin next year. 

LAURA'S FACEBOOK PAGE

TWITTER: @BarnardLaura

LAURA'S OFFICIAL PAGE

Post a Comment