Review Blitz: Truly by Carmel Rhodes

June 13, 2020


Release Date: June 11

The summer after senior year was supposed to be the best summer of my life.


It was supposed to be full of adventure and self-discovery and making love under the stars.

It was supposed to be about losing myself and finding my way.

Only, it wasn’t supposed to start like this.

I wasn’t supposed to go to that party.

He wasn’t supposed to notice me.

The hot jock with the trust fund and chip on his shoulder.

My ex-boyfriend’s brother.

Noah Tedesco is so far out of my league he might as well be playing a different game.

Noah wasn’t supposed to look twice at a girl like me, but he did.

Now that I’m on his radar, my life will never be the same.

Truly is a dark coming of age romance that explores themes of dub-con and non-con and happily ever after. Proceed with caution.  

Grab Your Copy Here:







                  20200607_003933.png

Truly is a semi dark romance with bully tendencies screaming off the wall. I had no idea what I was going to get with this book and a part of me loved the element of surprise that I got with some of the characters. They were messy, made me mad as hell, and gave us some sweet moments when it was necessary.

I don’t want too go too much into this book because the stuff that went down? I’m still not sure how I feel about it. These characters were beyond complicated and normally when I read a bully romance, I end up being drawn to the hero and feeling for him. Not so much the case in this one. I think that Noah definitely was being dealt with a lot of personal things and he really wasn’t a bad person because he showed that he cared in certain scenes and we felt the sincerity.

        IMG_20200605_213045_821.jpg

I had a really huge problem with the first few chapters of the story and not only did it set the tone for me and how I would feel about the two main characters, it really left a bad taste in my mouth and I could not for the life of me move on from that one prolific scene. I felt like the heroine was a bit weak in certain situations and I wanted her to have a stronger backbone and stand up for herself more.

As I’ve said before, I was not a fan of the hero and even though he had some good moments, that boy made my blood pressure spike in the beginning and I had a really hard time accepting him. I will say that I tried my best to put my reservations aside for him and looked at the story for what it really was and it was about a young woman’s journey to life and love. Connecting to something that meant the most to a loved one, messy relationships, forever friendships, and unforgivable heartbreak. All of these things played a huge part in this book and I liked that the author portrayed it in a way where you had no choice but to take everything in stride and feel it.

If you’re looking for semi dark bully romance, then you should give this one a try.



Meet Carmel Rhodes

Writer of words. Mother of Joy. Wife of Compassion. I like to write stories about real people who go through real struggles, and come out the other side stronger. I also like to write smut. Welcome to my brain. It’s a little screwed up, but always well intended.

Connect with Carmel Rhodes


Hosted By:

Post a Comment