THE DOWNSIDE OF LOVE by Meghan Quinn - Review Tour

July 5, 2018

  

   



This isn’t a story about a love triangle. There is no triangle involved. This isn’t a story about an accidental pregnancy. Although having a baby with her . . . I would. This isn’t a story about lies and deception, even though at times I’ve lied to myself. No, this is my story. A story about sacrifice. A story about a man who fell in love with the wrong girl. A story I wish I never had to tell. This is a story about the true meaning of the downside of love.  

AVAILABLE NOW

AMAZON  |  Amazon UK  | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

      




This review was so hard to write. For days, after I finished this final installment of the duet, I was lost in my thoughts processing it all and basking ALL THE FEELS. Admittedly, I did not expect how Meghan Quinn took me to this ride as she was brave enough to lead me to this path I knew so well, until I realized I didn't. When I opened the book, I closed it again thinking I read the wrong one. Boy how I read the right book indeed. And I am floored. Floored to Meghan Quinn's bravery. Floored to a story that brought feels I am still basking even after all this time. 

The Downside of Love, was a story of friendship, finding oneself, sacrifices and selflessness and then love. I am totally surprised as I go along with these characters journey. Sure, I was left in a puddle of emotions when book 1 ended, but the second book totally lead me to a difrerent roller coaster ride I didn't saw coming. I cried tears of joy and sadness, I got so mad yet I swooned and fell so hard. It might not be the ending I was loking forward but I could not deny the fact that I love how the story goes and ended. It was realistic and it knocked me off my feet. I was caught of guard the moment I read the very first page but I was captivated how it was executed. 

Overall, I highly recommend this book and I will just leave my review as vague as possible because the whole plot is a great spoiler for you. Know that this book is not for the faint of heart. I myself was surprised with the unexpected turn of the events but I trust Meghan Quinn's delivery. I am glad I did. It was one of the best duet I have the honor of reading. 

Indeed, 

The downside of love is heartache and uncertainty, but the upside of falling is finding an everlasting love that will carry you through a lifetime of happiness. 

When I finished the book, I now fully understand how one's life choices affects so much. Because in the truest fashion,

Life is full of chances. Opportunities. Challenges. But it’s what you do with them that counts. 

Gahd! How I love this duet so much! Kudos, Meghan Quinn!



     


Tucked away at the base of the Rocky Mountains lived a little boy with one singular dream: leave this broken and battered home and become someone. Be somebody’s hero. That boy was me—Colby Brooks. Except I’m not that same little boy anymore. My dreams might still be the same, but my reality isn’t. I’m smarter. Stronger. A man. And I learned a long damn time ago, the only way to achieve my dreams was to avoid distractions—at any cost. Focus. Resolve. Determination. But all it took was one single night. One night and my entire life…changed. One night had me colliding head first with the biggest distraction of my life; Rory Oaks. Smart. Charming. Beautiful. Rory changed everything. Quickly, my one-track mind started to bend. Each kiss faded decade-long dreams. And with one single incident, I fly off course. 


   Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA  | Amazon AU   

                  




 


 Born in New York and raised in Southern California, Meghan has grown into a sassy, peanut butter eating, blonde haired swearing, animal hoarding lady. She is known to bust out and dance if “It’s Raining Men” starts beating through the air and heaven forbid you get a margarita in her, protect your legs because they may be humped. Once she started commuting for an hour and twenty minutes every day to work for three years, she began to have conversations play in her head, real life, deep male voices and dainty lady coos kind of conversations. Perturbed and confused, she decided to either see a therapist about the hot and steamy voices running through her head or start writing them down. She decided to go with the cheaper option and started writing… enter her first novel, Caught Looking. Now you can find the spicy, most definitely on the border of lunacy, kind of crazy lady residing in Colorado with the love of her life and her five, furry four legged children, hiking a trail or hiding behind shelves at grocery stores, wondering what kind of lube the nervous stranger will bring home to his wife. Oh and she loves a good boob squeeze!

1 comment