Review: Vlad by K. Webster & Ker Dukey

March 14, 2018

Vlad

by K. Webster & Ker Dukey
Publication Date: February 26, 2018 
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Dark, Mafia, Romance

Read for FREE in KindleUnlimited: Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon AU

The Vasiliev name is a powerful one. We rule with an iron fist and we do it well. Being the eldest, I am Father's best hope at keeping us at the top of the food chain. Everything I do has purpose. Everything I do has reason. Until her. I play my games thinking several moves ahead. Power. Power. Power. Until her. The next move requires I marry and soon. This will strengthen us and secure our position. But I am not to marry her. I am to wed the eldest Volkov. Problem is, her younger sister is the one who awakens my dead heart. It is her I want in my bed and by my side forever. Her. Her. Her. In this game, though, it's not about what I want. But maybe it can be about what she wants. I am Vlad. Vile. Vicious. Villainous. Vasiliev. And I will win eventually.



Ever since I found out K. Webster and Ker Dukey were writing a spinoff of the Pretty Little Dolls series, I've been dying to get my hands on this book! The whole concept of the V Games intrigued me, and I was interested in finding out more about Viktor's crazy family. In fact, Vlad was one of my most highly anticipated books of 2018, and thankfully, it did not disappoint! It's a fantastic start to what I'm sure will be a phenomenal series! 


The men and women in Vlad Vasilev's world do not marry for love. They marry for power and wealth. Vlad is no different. He is expected to marry the oldest Volkov child, Diana. Neither love one another, but both are willing to do what they must for their family. The pairing will strengthen the Vasilev's and the Volkov's, and with the two being friends since childhood, they know they could be stuck with a lot worse. 


When Diana is asked to move in with Vlad, she makes him promise to let her little sister, Irina, come with her. Irina and Diana are more than just sisters. They're best friends. The two of them were brought up to be businesswomen, and they're both tough as nails, smart, capable, and drop dead gorgeous. 


Any man would be lucky to have either of them. Too bad Vlad wants the one he can't have. He's a ruthless man that prides himself on being in control, but even he can't resist this kind of temptation. 


Vlad is a perfectly paced, entertaining, and intriguing dark romance filled with violence, betrayl, secrets, and steam! Vlad's vile, vicious, and villainous just like the author's claimed, and though he allows love into his heart, he is still very much the same person at the end of the book. Love doesn't soften him, and I liked that a lot. 


In the beginning I worried I would hate Irina, because I loved Diana. I didn't understand how the authors would make everything okay for me, but they did! I should never have doubted them. They are a dream team, and everytime I read one of their books, I'm reminded of that. I loved this installment of the V Games series, and I have a feeling it's only going to get better from here!


If you're a fan of the authors' work or dark/mafia romance, this one's for you! 



About K. Webster

K Webster is the author of dozens romance books in many different genres including contemporary romance, historical romance, paranormal romance, and erotic romance. When not spending time with her husband of twelve years and two adorable children, she's active on social media connecting with her readers. Her other passions besides writing include reading and graphic design. K can always be found in front of her computer chasing her next idea and taking action. She looks forward to the day when she will see one of her titles on the big screen.

About Ker Dukey

My books all tend to be darker romance, edge of you seat, angst filled reads. My advice to my readers when starting one of my titles…prepare for the unexpected. I have always had a passion for storytelling, whether it be through lyrics or bed time stories with my sisters growing up. My mum would always have a book in her hand when I was young and passed on her love for reading, inspiring me to venture into writing my own. I tend to have a darker edge to my writing. Not all love stories are made from light; some are created in darkness but are just as powerful and worth telling. When I'm not lost in the world of characters I love spending time with my family. I'm a mum and that comes first in my life but when I do get down time I love attending music concerts or reading events with my younger sister.

2 comments

  1. Fabulous review!!! I can't wait to read!! Shared on all my socials!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Kathy!! 💋💋 I hope you enjoy it!! ❤

    ReplyDelete