Review Tour : MISS MECHANIC by Emma Hart

December 12, 2017


 

Two mechanics. One rivalry.
She’ll prove she’s as good as she says she is.
He’ll prove her place isn’t under the hood.
It’s over it.


“Don’t let the bastards get you down.”
For twenty-six years, I lived by my daddy’s motto. Which is why “Mechanic Wanted” is all it takes for me to apply for the job at the garage we once owned.
And I meet the biggest bastard of them all.
Dexter Ryne. Hotter than Hell in July and a firm believer that my place is on reception, taking phone calls and looking pretty. Not getting dirty under the hood of a car.
Determined to prove each other wrong, we make a deal.
I have three weeks to prove my worth as a mechanic. If I don’t, I’m on telephone duty.
If I do, he’ll accept defeat and make my job permanent.
Now, all I have to do is fight my attraction to the cocky little… beep.
Problem is, an engine isn’t the only thing he knows how to make purr…

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon AU | Amazon CA | Nook | iBooks | Kobo

     






And this is why I love all things Emma Hart. As always, she grabbed me from start to finish. From Ms. Fix Up to Ms. Mechanic, everybody's gonna love this series so much. Emma Hart raised the girl power with this new series to the nth power and I don't need to say much because this book is EVERYTHING you needed and more. Emma is brilliant with her words and I will be forever in awe of her.

I have said this over and over that Emma is my go to author. I just love her penchant for things light hearted and feels good story. When I needed something to brighten my day, she's the "it" author for me. And, Ms, Mechanic is no different. I love it so much that I finished it in no time. I love the banters and the bickering because it was writtenly on point and was not too much or over the top. I couln't help the smile painted in my face. I was smiling when I started reading the book and I was smiling still when I finished it. I just love savouring every minute I had with Dex and Jamie because aside from their sizzling chemistry, each has uniqueness on their own, and I love how they're portrayed. 

As I said, I don't need to say much about the book aside from I'm afraid I might say too much that will end up spoiling you. I need you to read and breathe this book. I tell you this, you do not need to read an emotional rollercoaster book to be moved or touched, or to have your life changed. Emma Hart's new series, this new installment
- Miss Mechanic is the proof of that. It wasn't just an entertaining, enjoyable and sizzling read, it was empowering!




EXCERPT
“Can I help you?” I asked. 
He blinked and met my eyes.
“What the hell are you doing over there?” I pushed to stand up straight.
“Right now?” He capped his water bottle. “Well, honestly… I’m just thinking you’d look better over the hood of that car than under it.”
I unhooked the hood and slammed it down, spinning on the balls of my feet. 
Our eyes met properly. I didn’t like what I saw in his—desire, attraction, need. Which was obviously why a shiver ran down my spine.
I cocked a hip, putting my hand on it. “The only time you will ever get me over a hood of a car is if a wiper blade needs changing. So, unless you’re a wiper blade...”
Dex pulled his phone from his pocket and started tapping the screen.
I blinked. “What are you doing?”
He peered up at me through his unfairly thick eyelashes. “Seeing if I can get a wiper blade costume for Halloween.”
“I don’t even know how to respond to that.”
“You can buy wiper blade glasses.”
“What?”
He raised his eyebrows. “And a lady here on eBay will hand-make any costume. There’s my Halloween sorted.”
I stared at him. “You’re not getting me over anything, Dex. Definitely not a car hood. No matter what you think.”
He clutched his chest dramatically. “You wound me.”
“Unfortunately not fatally,” I muttered.
“You also underestimate me.”
“There’s a lot of that going around in this garage.” I put the bottle of coolant away.
“Touché.” 
“Thank you.”
“Can I ask you something?”
I sighed and turned to face him again. “What?”
Earnestly, he asked, “Can you stop wearing those tiny shorts? Or yoga pants that make me want to touch your ass every five minutes?”
I looked down at the ripped shorts of my dungarees. “Can you keep your thoughts to yourself? Control yourself, maybe? Not look at me and see someone worth screwing?”

           emma 
 By day, New York Times and USA Today bestselling New Adult author Emma Hart dons a cape and calls herself Super Mum to two beautiful little monsters. By night, she drops the cape, pours a glass of whatever she fancies—usually wine—and writes books. Emma is working on Top Secret projects she will share with her followers and fans at every available opportunity. Naturally, all Top Secret projects involve a dashingly hot guy who likes to forget to wear a shirt, a sprinkling (or several) of hold-onto-your-panties hot scenes, and a whole lotta love. She likes to be busy—unless busy involves doing the dishes, but that seems to be when all the ideas come to life.

SIGN UP FOR ALL NEW RELEASE INFO!

   

Post a Comment